Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Have 2 95 maxima SE's. Love them. One has a problem that nobody seems to be able to solve (3 mechanics). It cranks and cranks, occasionally kicks back (like way advanced timing or detonation), then sputters to life if I am lucky or have not killed the battery trying. I have replaced the starter twice because of this (over a year). ALso replaced the crank angle sensor (under the bell housing -the easy one). One suggests loose timing chain. I swapped computers with my other Max - same thing. IF I PUSH/CLUTCH START IT STARTS RIGHT UP. HELP!!
Thank you!
Lorenzo"

·
Registered
7 Posts
i can give u sum ideas on your problem.. it can be ur valves that maybe need to be replaced... the air is choked from getting into the engine... the electricity from the ignition coil... or your combustion chambers are quite losed compression... your fuel pressure is not enuf to the fuel railings...reply if this works or my suggestions did not helped...tnx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max Starting probs

thank you Jeggy - but if I push start the car it starts immediately. I think it is something electrical when I am cranking it with the key - any ideas??

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes, all of the cars that are manual transmission can be started if you push start it even without its starter... check your starter or maybe it is needed to be replaced..i dont think there is a problem from your engine from the air getting in it or its fuel... check your starter carbon brushes... it will not cost you big... from what country you are? tnx!

·
Registered
7 Posts
dont push start your car everytime u will using it, push starting your car can cause engine problems...try to use some vehicle next time you needed a ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Max Starting probs

Hi Jeggy
I am in the US
the problem is almost certainly electrical. The starter works fine until it dies from over-use. It does the same thing with a new starter. There is something wrong with the electrical system when the starter is engaged (spark? timing?). I need help finding it and where to look!
Lorenzo

·
Registered
7 Posts
check your ignition coil or spark plugs...try to see if your high tension wires is not working or some of its wires are already broken...use timing lights to adjust your timing from the distributor... I can do it but i cant really explain how to do the timing adjustment but try to understand me... in your engine pulley, there is a marker there that inducates the advance or retard (in degrees)... the upper and lower marker of the engine pulley must be exact on the number 0 and 10 during idle while using the timng light..check the internet for you to know how to use it if u cant figure how to use the timing light...thats all i knew and all i can do... if u were in the philippines i can surely help you :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Max Starting probs

Hi again
thank you - but this is a 95 - no distributor to adjust (at least not that I can see). I will change the starter, now dead again, and short it direct to the battery to see if bypassing the starter relay will help. Again, once it is running there is no issue. It is only when I am trying to start it that there is something wrong with the spark...
L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts