Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm jsut wanting to know if swaping a 95 ka24de 5spd into my 93 convertible Auto is going to bring any problems I am doing the 5 spd swap of course but I want to know if its going to fit or will I need to change any motor mounts etc etc etc. I ask this cause I am able tog et ahold of a 95 ka with low millage and for a great price thanks

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
240droptop said:
I'm jsut wanting to know if swaping a 95 ka24de 5spd into my 93 convertible Auto is going to bring any problems I am doing the 5 spd swap of course but I want to know if its going to fit or will I need to change any motor mounts etc etc etc. I ask this cause I am able tog et ahold of a 95 ka with low millage and for a great price thanks
Although the Chassi is changed in the 95+ 240's I believe the engines sit the same way, you might have to use the motor mounts from your S13.
When it comes to fitment of the engine I am almost positive the Engine's and Tranny's are identical in each other than a few slight differences with the internals!
Good Luck with the Swap! :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awsome thanks I sure hope it works I was worried about the tranny mroe than the motor so I'm goan try and gte one more person to say it will work before I buy it tho thank you

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
It'll bolt right up. Make sure you only remove the engine from the S13, not the mounts. The later model KA24DE will drop right into place.
In any case, the auto to manual swap will be way more of a concern than the engine. Of course, if you think you can handle that, then all the more power to you.
Also, a whole ton of people have done auto to manual conversions, so you'll have the support. Search the thread for some tips.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
DaCheat said:
Although the Chassi is changed in the 95+ 240's I believe the engines sit the same way,
Absolutely right. The chassis may be different, but the drivetrain is the same damn thing. I wish the S14 would have dropped the KA, and taken on an SR20DET. If that were the case, maybe America would have seen an S15!

·
Registered
32 Posts
And advice on the AUTO - MANUAL swap...steel braided lines (attached to firewall, etc. so they don't flex) is the easiest way to avoid running hard lines for the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. Braided lines are easy to come by and very reliable, as well as holding pressure well. but it's one less thing to worry about. Best of luck!

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
drops in with no problem but you may have a problem with getting it to run.maybe its just the 96-98 but i think they changed to obd2 or something which could screw up...im really not positive, just look it up

·
Registered
32 Posts
OBDII in 95% percent of cars was effective in 1996. The 1995 motor should not be a problem. The engine harness should be identical to that of the 89-93. It should drop right in and run fine. At most you'd need to update to a 95 ECU for any changes Nissan made in sensor values and speedometer/tachometer signal. I know a dual cam motor in a single cam car (89-90?) will not send a good tach/speedo signal as I've done a couple at the shop, but a 91-95 DE should plug and play in a 93. Good luck, once again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
BrianNVdCustoms said:
I know a dual cam motor in a single cam car (89-90?) will not send a good tach/speedo signal as I've done a couple at the shop, but a 91-95 DE should plug and play in a 93. Good luck, once again.
I have this same problem. I just dropped my 91 DOHC (from my fastback) and put it into an 89 coupe that had the SOHC. I had to swap the whole wiring harness from the ECU to the motor because none of the sensors matched up. I didn't want to go through the trouble of swapping over the the body control harness (wires behind the Dashboard, speedo, climate controls, i.e.) So I can't get a good signal to the tach and speedo, even though I have spliced into the wiring to try to match them up. I was wondering if you or anyone else had an actual idea of how to wire it up correctly, other than just swapping out the whole wiring and speed cluster, and besides, I think having the HUD (heads up display) working would be fucking sweet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you either need to find a wiring diagram for the cluster or swap in a 91 and up dash. my roomate has an 89 with a DE...just swap clusters, it's a sinch.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Yeah, swapping the clusters is definitely the easiest way. I've heard that splicing an HUD harness into a cluster harness is really hard. I've never tried it myself, because I hate HUDs.
In any case, having a 91 dash in an 89 would make it just that much more custom, as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah well as posted above I have a 93 so I have the DOHC engine so it shoudl be good I've Heard about the problem with 96's and up so this 95 should be alright and I have been apart of 2 5spd conversions already ao i'm more than aware of what needs to be done. Its pretty straight forward in my mind atleast all you need is a garage and depending on the amoutn of people helping some time but thanks for the info. I ended up finding a brand new ka24de block that I jsut purchased and now its gona sit in my garage as I slowly build it for a turbo :) yah

·
Registered
66 Posts
heh heh heh...just swap clusters... that'd be great. the harness from the ECU to the body harness is different. as we look farther and farther along, it just looks harder and harder to swap out the entire body wiring systems. we also tried to match up the different harnesses and didn't get a good tach signal. do we keep the piggybacked connector to the body wiring and just swap clusters or do we have to pull all the primary body wiring? any and or all help would be great. thanks
peace
t

1 - 15 of 15 Posts