Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched but cant seem to find correct info for the 95's. My check engine light came on so i got a haynes manual to check the codes. It says to start the engine and check the codes. I thought that was strange but did it anyways. I saw some threads on here that said put the toggle switch in diagnostic mode. Mine dont have a toggle switch. Also, one thread said the flashes you count are the check engine light flashes. I thought you counted the red and green LED's next to the knob you turn. I checked the codes by the book and came up with both red and green lights flash once, then twice, then three times, then four times, and then five times. Can somebody clear up what the actual procedure is supposed to be? Thanks for the help.

·
Hardbody Freak
2,673 Posts
turn the key to the run positon but do not start the engine.

turn the diagnostic knob all the way to the diagnostic mode after it flashes 3 times turn the mode selector back all the way then count the flashes...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after what flashes three times? the led's? If i turn the slector all the way back, doesn't it erase the codes?

·
Hardbody Freak
2,673 Posts
the leds will flash once then twice and then three times then four and then 5 times ...these are the diagnostic modes..

you want mode 3 so after it flashes three times turn back the mode selector switch and then count the trouble codes..

no when you turn it back it does not erase the codes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts