Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a '94 B13 and just dropped a 95 engine into it. Everything has gone ok except I cant actually finish because I realized that alot of the sensors and other electrical components (almost all are on the intake manifold) are different or nonexistant!

I cant put the 94 manifold on the 95 engine because its not the same. What should I do? What electrical components may I not need to hook up? What might be the consequences of this?

Swapping these engines was my first experience working on cars and its been a long few months... any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more info on my problem

Ok, so I found out that there are 3 plugs w/ 2 connections each on the 94 manifold that are for the Intake air control that dont exist on the 95 manifold. There is one plug on the 95 that doesnt exist on the 94 that has 5 connections and I am guessing is for the IACV too.

Another difference is the throttle sensor. The plugs were different, but when I took them off, I realized they are nowhere near being swappable!

Most everything else is swappable but I do not know what to do about the IACV. I cant get a FSM for the 95 b/c www.phatg20.net IS NOT WORKING!

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN FSM FOR A '95 SENTRA?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suggestions ive already been given.

My roommates have a 280Z and a 240SX they work on.

One of them says I should use the 95 manifold that doesnt have all the IACV plugs and see if I can get a wiring diagram to make it work with the 94 ECCS. This involves finding new plugs I guess and possibly buying a new ECCS wiring harness and maybe a '95 computer but we're not sure w/o the FSM.

The other thinks, to be safe, I should just swap the heads, and use the 94 manifold on the 94 head on the 95 block so that all of the electrical works correctly and efficiently with the 94 computer it is set up to work with. Would I have to get the head machined if it is warped? Is this usually a problem?

Is this extra work worth it? I was originally swapping engines cuz my engine was running poorly. due to a head gasket leak and bad piston rings we were gonna fix in my free time. I dont want to put the 95 manifold on if it is going to run poorly due to a different (or nonexistant) IACV system on a different computer!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts