Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 Altima GXE is not starting. I checked the batter and all the fuses and everything seems to be working powerwise. When I try to start it will not turn over at all, you just hear a single clicking sound when you turn the key. My assumption is that it is the starter, however I can not find the starter. If anyone had the same problem please help, or if you know where the starter is located.

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
the starter is below the intake manifold on the drivers side of the engine. directly below the throttle body. if you can somehow find a way to tap it with something metallic - try starting it again. if it starts up - the starter is bad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the solution in a previous post. I had someone get under and hit the starter while I tried to start it, it must have just got stuck or something, it starts fine now. thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
guitarsage said:
I found the solution in a previous post. I had someone get under and hit the starter while I tried to start it, it must have just got stuck or something, it starts fine now. thanks
thats good that it started but dont rely on it now. they just dont get "stuck". start shopping around, it will go out and it will most likely do it at a very inopportune time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea just like a few minutes ago... I went back out to try and start it and it did it again. Do you know where I can get one for a pretty good price?

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
Also double check the battery connections to insure that they are clean and tight.

Troy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts