Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,816 Posts
yeah I know about the Group buys but I just cant do $369 for springs right now--thanks for the tip.

And yeah I considered the fact that its a Toyo and that his ride cant really compare to mine--Im gonna def. take a ride in that guyz Sentra--B4 I make a purchase.

· Registered
198 Posts
I've got the GC and AGX setup, and I think it's a great setup. Perfect for the track, but a little rough for the street. I don't mind it, but some people do. BTW, I went with 300 lb/ft front and 200 lb/ft rear spring rates on the GC's. Hope it helps.

· Hang out wit yo Wang out!
573 Posts
shane said:
I've got the GC and AGX setup, and I think it's a great setup. Perfect for the track, but a little rough for the street. I don't mind it, but some people do. BTW, I went with 300 lb/ft front and 200 lb/ft rear spring rates on the GC's. Hope it helps.
I too have the same setup, but my rear squeaks awfully, does it do the same on yours?

· Registered
198 Posts
JT200SX-N-FX-
Yeah, the rear setup squeeks all the damn time! I can't figure out what's causing it. My only thought is that I need to grease everything up (all the pivot points), or that maybe the upper shock mount is causing it. I'm not really sure. You got any thoughts?

573 Posts
SHANE

I was reading on the project car page about the rear shock mounts from motivational, and how the help with bottoming, maybe the might take the damn squeaking out too. That's the only thing I can think of.....My friend has the coilover setup on his Mazda also, except with the KYB GR-2, and he says his squeaks also. But he just rides with his system up???? But I don't have a system yet! Can anyone help us?????????

· Registered
198 Posts
JT200SX-N-FX

Well, the Motivational rear mounts don't stop the squeeking because I have them in my setup. I thought that the squeeking might have been caused by them, but apparently not. I hope we can figure out something to get the sqeeks out!

· Registered
254 Posts
You can put 18's with Eibach Sportline Kit without any rubbing. I have actually put 19's on and they fit. Ground controls only go an inch lower than the Eibach springs (0-3 inch drop).

573 Posts
Overlooked said:
You can put 18's with Eibach Sportline Kit without any rubbing. I have actually put 19's on and they fit. Ground controls only go an inch lower than the Eibach springs (0-3 inch drop).
Thanx for the suggestion, but we've already spent $800+ on this setup, so we need a solution for what we got now. Supposedly a lot of people have the same setup, but no one is hitting us back. Maybe we need to start our own thread, what do you think shane?

· Registered
198 Posts
JT200SX-N-FX

Yeah, I think our own thread might be in order on this topic. In the meantime, hit me up on email if you come across anything that might help us out.

573 Posts
HEY SHANE!!

Black200SXSER said:
My GC's and AGX's make no noise at all.I did it like the write-up...
They are right, I read the write up, and it's the taping that prevents it from making the noise. The bad thing is that I don't have no idea how to do it. I was thinking maybe we could hook up one day and do it together if you knew how, since you only live bout 2 hours away from me!! Thanks for the tip fellas!!

· Registered
198 Posts
JT200SX-N-FX

I'd be game for getting together and working on it if you'd like. I think it's the silicone sealer that keeps things from squeeking though because I have the rear shocks taped like the write-up says, but no silicone. Let me know when you'd want to do it. I think next weekend is already full for me. My brother is driving up at Summit Point in a PCA event, so I'm going to go with and get some photos of him on the track, and maybe even get a little track time myself in his car. Let me know what works for you though, I should be able to work in some time whenever.

· Registered
24 Posts
So when you guys are talking about the GC's squeaking, like just how bad are they? Is it a noticable noise when you're driving or do you just hear it when you get in and out of the car or put shit in the trunk or what? I've been dying to get some new suspension, but maybe GC's aren't the way to go.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
OzPunk said:
So when you guys are talking about the GC's squeaking, like just how bad are they? Is it a noticable noise when you're driving or do you just hear it when you get in and out of the car or put shit in the trunk or what? I've been dying to get some new suspension, but maybe GC's aren't the way to go.
Yeah Id like some more info on this too>>>:mad:

· Registered
45 Posts
i have the gc kyb set up and mine are squeeking really bad in the rear too...

it only seems to happen when i hit bumps, it's fine during normal driving

the clunking i can deal with, but this is getting a little annoying

573 Posts
It does it all the time, cluncking and clacking. Even some of the people that have taped them up, and silicone glued them like the write up, still get the noises. The bad thing is, once you tape them, and glue them, you are stuck with them forever, no selling them. That's whey I haven't done it. I plan on running regular springs for daily driving, and the GC for show slamming purposes only.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
JT200SX-N-FX said:
It does it all the time, cluncking and clacking. Even some of the people that have taped them up, and silicone glued them like the write up, still get the noises. The bad thing is, once you tape them, and glue them, you are stuck with them forever, no selling them. That's whey I haven't done it. I plan on running regular springs for daily driving, and the GC for show slamming purposes only.
This is ridiculous!!! Almost $400 for this!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Tein...here I come

· Registered
24 Posts
Well, I ended up getting the GC's and AGX's anyways, and they don't make hardly any sounds at all. They're only about a month and a half old now, so maybe it takes time. I've heard the front struts squeak like once or twice when going over a speed bump, but no clunking sounds. And it wan't very loud. I've only lowered my car about 2 inches in the front and about and inch and a half in the rear, so maybe they make more sounds when you really slam your suspension. Anywho, I am overall very, very pleased with the ride and look they give my car, much better than the H&R springs I used to have. Anything to get rid of that terrible fender gap!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.