Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 1995 Nissan 200sx- SE (b14), and I was just wondering, should i be seeing 15 seconds from 0-60? Because that is what im getting. It takes me 15-16 seconds to reach 60 mph. I was just wondering if anything is wrong with it, cause other "normal" cars can do the quarter mile with that time.

Thanks

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
if your car is automatic your 0-60 should be around 10-11.5 sec, depends on driver and conditions
if you have a 5 speed and are good driver it should be less

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry its automatic. And when it gets to a higher gear, it kinda stops and pulls back, is that anything to give me a hint that it needs fixing?

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Psch91 said:
Sorry its automatic. And when it gets to a higher gear, it kinda stops and pulls back, is that anything to give me a hint that it needs fixing?
that's normal unless you really nail the throttle... push and hold it to the ground and leave overdrive off until you hit the limiter in every gear, you should be somewhere near 80.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
ATF

When's the last time you changed your tranny fluid? How many miles on the tranny? Check the fluid... if it's not red, it's time for new ATF. This might help you get some smoother shifts. Not sure on the 0-60 times for autos, but yours sounds very high.

J

·
0 Posts
Along with the ATF, you might want to change the engine too while you are in there. 1.6's are not known for speed. LOL

Sorry. Had to put something in here.

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts