Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need to change the rear driver's-side door on a 1994 Nissan Sentra (someone threw a cinder block through GF's window one night and it also damaged the door itself). The only related experience I have is installing hinge bushings in an old RWD Buick Regal years ago. I am assuming THIS door will be much lighter lol.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Know what kind of tools I will need, what size sockets, etc.?

Car has power locks and windows. Door will have to come from a junkyard - and there are none right now :( - so I may have to replace it with a door that has manual windows and/or locks.

Of course, I would LIKE to replace it with one with pw/pdl and have them work afterwards (yeah, and a door the same color too, dream on right?).

Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking I could swap the pdl stuff and the door panel but I think the pw stuff is toast. Not the motor but the other stuff. The cinder block hit the top part of the door (quite hard) and did considerable damage. (Poor car has had a hard life.) Would have been much easier had it gone cleanly through the window but I think whoever did it was determined to do as much damage as possible.

My main aim at this point is to find a door - heard '92 to '94 will work - with a window in it before the weather goes completely sour.

BtW I have gotten the fsm (computer version) and bought her a Haynes book (which she might not have lost yet).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts