Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a 94 Sentra automatic.....
So Far I have:
Tested Batery with Meter 14.5 volts
Took battery out....cleaned connections till shiny
Replaced Negative terminal with univeral replacement
I didnt touch the positive terminal because it has a few other connection on the factory harness... didnt want to hack it up...So I degreased it and ran some sandpaper around the inside to brighten it up.
I had to have the cartowed home because it would not start.. Turn the key and it just clicks one time. I can hear a relay in the dash click and also while under the hood while someone else turns the key I can hear one click from the starter. Crazy thing is after the guy dropped my car off at the house.. I got in the car and it started right up.... several times in a row.. so I was like ok nothings wrong.... went out a couple hours later... and it just clicks. So I guess the starter has to come out right? How in the world do I get to it? I traced the battery cables to it and it seems impossible to get a wrench on it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could someone who has replaced a starter on a sentra w/ auto please tell me how to get to this thing and remove/replace the starter?
Also I did try the "put it in neutral".. no go
What do I have to take off to get to it?
Do I go from the top?
From the Bottom?
Looks like the intake runners are totally in the way?

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Everything is done from the top, remove all intake ducts from TB to fender well. Reach around starting from where the fuel filter is and heading towards the engine. First you should feel the bolts so you get an idea where to put your socket+ratchet. There's only two bolts holding it in place. The most difficult part is when you try to put in the new starter and line up the two bolts on the engine block.

·
Registered
26 Posts
quick question, is it automatic or manual? If its auto, you could try making damn sure it is in park. my nissan had the same prob, turns out that even tho the indicator showed i was in park, it wasnt quite clicking in, i slammed it up to park, and started fine

·
Registered
116 Posts
what do the headlights do when you turn on the car and it clicks?

when i had that problem, my headlights would turn off, turns out the clamp wasnt tight enough on the cable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts