Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 sentra I just bought needs an alignment..and maybe the tires balanced but it had a pretty bad front end shimmy above 65....what else should I check?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Tie rod's could be checked that ended up being the major vibration on my car, but try and eliminate all the parts before getting the alignment you'll just end up doing it again after the parts!

·
Registered
18 Posts
new94 said:
Tie rod's could be checked that ended up being the major vibration on my car, but try and eliminate all the parts before getting the alignment you'll just end up doing it again after the parts!
Would a tie rod problem be intermittent?? Sometimes the car shakes at 65 and sometimes it's as smooth as glass. Has anyone come across this problem?

·
Registered
98 Posts
mjb92761 said:
Would a tie rod problem be intermittent?? Sometimes the car shakes at 65 and sometimes it's as smooth as glass. Has anyone come across this problem?

jack up your car to where one wheel is off the ground. try and shake it from side to side and top to bottem. it should feel solid. if not its a good bet you need to fix either tie rod, or ball joints.

when you take it in to get the tires balanced and wheterever else you need let them know to whats going on and they be able to tell you whats up before the take off the wheel, that is if it has something to do with the ball joint or tie rod

·
Registered
18 Posts
when you take it in to get the tires balanced and wheterever else you need let them know to whats going on and they be able to tell you whats up before the take off the wheel, that is if it has something to do with the ball joint or tie rod[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i am betting on ball joints.(or hoping) i will try that and let you know. thank you for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts