Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title says i have a 1994 sentra gxe, now my question is what are the two (it seems 4 gauge) white wires going towards the positive of the battery then they clip onto two harnesses with some realy skimpy wires, i ask because the red wire happened to just melt itself, so anyones ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
624 Posts
There are fusible links near the battery. If the wire just melted, I'd assume that's what it was. You have a serious problem if you melted a link, though. The B13 service manual is available for download somewhere around here. It should tell you what the wire feeds so you can figure out the problem. Otherwise, you can just replace it and turn stuff on until it blows again.

Whatever you do, make sure you replace the wire with fusible link wire. If not, you are risking causing a fire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
melted 4 guage?

as title says i have a 1994 sentra gxe, now my question is what are the two (it seems 4 gauge) white wires going towards the positive of the battery then they clip onto two harnesses with some realy skimpy wires, i ask because the red wire happened to just melt itself, so anyones ideas would be greatly appreciated
wtf melted 4 guage?
do our b-13's even have wire that thick anywhere?
you must have pushed a ton of amps to melt 4 guage, that stuff is like heavy duity. (I keep a set of 6 guage jumpercables in my 94 and have an 8 guage wiring kit running to my subs.)

more info/pics of said wires pleas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I keep several fusible links in my toolbox that my mechanic made up for me. Hey, it's an old car, wires've been rubbing together for years, stripping insulation, etc. I'd suggest taking it to a competant electrician.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts