Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I have a 94 Sentra, 1.6L. It has new plugs, wires, fairly new fuel filter, starter is new, battery is OK. Ran fine until this morning. I go to start it, and it kinda acted like when it is really, really, cold. I have never had any problems with this thing starting except for when the distributor went a while back. I finally got it started after holding the key for a while. It has the same power as it did yesterday, and drives fine. Right now I am at school and haven't gone out to start it again. The starter turned, but not right away. It sounded like it did part of a turn, then after a couple trys, it went on trying to start like normal. Any suggestions as to what this may be?

Also, I will post back to tell what it did when I leave school around 3 PM CST.

Thanks much.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Are you sure the battery is OK? Have you tested the alternator?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bridrive55 said:
Are you sure the battery is OK? Have you tested the alternator?
Everything came on just fine, like the headlights, amp, sub, etc... The alternator was what I was thinking, that it may be going. But when it started the alternator was running fine, no weird noise or any weird sights.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
cwruck05 said:
Everything came on just fine, like the headlights, amp, sub, etc... The alternator was what I was thinking, that it may be going. But when it started the alternator was running fine, no weird noise or any weird sights.
Alternators can wear out. You can test them with a voltimeter. The battery might also not be taking charge. The only way to find out what your problem is is to poke around with a voltimeter. What school do you go to? I'm applying as a transfer student from UMD to UW Madison...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bridrive55 said:
Alternators can wear out. You can test them with a voltimeter. The battery might also not be taking charge. The only way to find out what your problem is is to poke around with a voltimeter. What school do you go to? I'm applying as a transfer student from UMD to UW Madison...
I'm up at WWTC in La Crosse. I guess I could use a voltimeter to test it, what should it be at? 12V? LOL. I'm not very informed about cars. Also, you test it while it's running, of course, right? I am taking my car in for an oil change today, I'll have them test the battery and alternator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts