Discussion Starter #1
My 94 sentra use to get 30+ mpg and then for some reason it just started
getting low to mid 20's. It has 177,500 miles on it and the only thing that
I have had to do to it is a new starter and tune ups, but I did change the
wheels and tires....can anyone help me with this problem...THANKS

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did you go to much larger (and heavier) wheels and tires? These can have a significant impact on mileage. Other factors could be failing O2 sensors, catalyitc converters, spark plugs and wires, air filters, etc. Look at the cheap things first (i.e. is your air filter past due for a change?, have you ever changed spark plugs?)

·
Registered
450 Posts
My gas mileage drops this time of year when it is very cold. Wheels and tires? I have heard that they can change the accuracy of your speedo, if you change the size of the tires. If you have not changed your O2 sensor, it may be time, if it was not included in the regular tune-ups you do. I have also changed plug wires several times. They just shorted out. Also, I have found best performance using stock NGK plugs. I used Bosch one time and they caused my mileage to drop. I am at 171,000 as we speak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS Catman and Econobox, that sounds just like my proplem. Wheels and
tires are the same height but alot wider and I have never changed the o2 sensor...and I am running the bosch plugs right now - I will change all this, but not the tires I love the handling the little car has now......THANKS AGAIN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts