Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Pathfinder and today when I unlocked the door from the outside of the truck, my alarm went off (apparently it was set to impact by mistake). When I put my key in the ignition the alarm stopped but now the truck won't start. I never use the alarm and I have no remote for it. When I turn the ignition all the way to crank, nothing happens. My lights don't even dim like they would if it was a starter problem. Everything else works (radio,wipers,ect...) My question is if it is an alarm problem, what can I do? Any help is appreciated.

1994 pathfinder XE v6

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One note. When the key is turned all the way, the light for the dash clock does go dim while the headlights don't show any dimming.

·
3,553 Posts
It may just be coincidence...has the alarm worked at all up until now? Do you have the dash switch to turn the alarm off with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking it is coincidence. The switch is there and it works. I've spoken to several mechanics about this problem and they all have said that this alarm won't stop the truck from starting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the oem factory installed alarm? My 94 SE has one and I was going to disconnect it but it won't run without it. Even tho the alarm is hosed and the LED by the rocker switch flashes at a high rate, Nissan told me it can't be removed? Anyway, have you tried resetting the ECU, disconnecting battery, etc., kicking the tire? Possible bad connection on a relay contact or connector/plug in main wiring harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts