Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pathfinder recently stopped counting the mileage after started and then picks back between 5-15 miles of driving can anyone one point me in the direction to fix the issues

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,382 Posts
If the speedometer is working and the odometer is not at the same time, you have a bad speedometer head. If both speedometer and odometer stop working at the same time, you could have a partially stripped gear on the speedometer pinion, a bad speed sensor or cable (I forget which was used in '94) or there could be bolts that have loosened-up that hold the speedometer unit to the back of the cluster, creating a poor contact to the printed circuit. The latter is usually due to cracks that develop in the threaded inserts at the back of the speedometer unit...which is fixed by replacing the speedometer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the speedometer is working and the odometer is not at the same time, you have a bad speedometer head. If both speedometer and odometer stop working at the same time, you could have a partially stripped gear on the speedometer pinion, a bad speed sensor or cable (I forget which was used in '94) or there could be bolts that have loosened-up that hold the speedometer unit to the back of the cluster, creating a poor contact to the printed circuit. The latter is usually due to cracks that develop in the threaded inserts at the back of the speedometer unit...which is fixed by replacing the speedometer.
Thank you so much I’ll dig into it this weekend and get back to you much appreciation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts