Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I’ve never posted before but I’m looking for help. I bought the truck from a friend. He said it ran great till he ran it out of gas one day and pulled over got some gas in it. When he went to pull back on the road and take off it fell on its face. Hasn’t ran at all since. So I got it home. It will start and idle up and die like it’s not getting fuel. But it can unplug the MAF sensor and it’ll run all day long and idle. But of course with it unplugged you only get to about 2800 rpm and it’ll start cutting out. I put a new MAF sensor on it and it didn’t change anything. All the vacuum lines look fine. Fuel pump is working or I think it is because you can hear it fine. I don’t really know where to go on it and was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction. Thanks!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,165 Posts
There's a good chance that either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator is not working correctly or the fuel filter is plugged up thus ending up with incorrect fuel pressure. Tee-in a temporary fuel pressure gauge at the output side of the fuel filter. The readings at idle should be as follows:
- with vacuum hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator: 34 psi
- with vacuum hose disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator: 43 psi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out that the truck had water in the gas when they ran it out of gas. I drained the tank. Threw in new spark plugs. New coolant temp sensor because the other on broke when I was checking for everything to be plugged in. Still the same problem. With everything plugged in when you try to start it it will not start and act like it’s only firing on one or two cylinders then when it does actually start it’ll idle up to about 1300-1500 or so rpms then when it tries to idle back down it immediately dies. Bypassed the fuel pump at the relay to make it run constantly and it didn’t make a bit of a difference. Also have replaced the plugs and no signs of bad plug wires

1 - 3 of 3 Posts