Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is the deal. My cousin with his 94 Honda Accord EX automatic. bone stock except for CAI. I have a 96 sentra GXE with POP Charger, 5 speed. The light is red. I rev my engine a lil. The light turns green we both hit it. Bad take off for me as he gets ahead from my 0-30 mph. Once i popped it into 2nd, i caught up and waved good bye. 65mph and in 3rd gear, i am way ahead of him and end up having to wait for him at his house. First thing i said to him was "What happened to your VTEC??" and then i said "It doesnt matter, cause I smoked you" now i say that everytime i see him, sometimes i call him just to tell him "a lil sentra just smoked you"

·
Registered
5 Posts
94 Honda Accord EX Auto is slow....what was your cousin thinking. only 150hp in that heavy ass car.

N

·
0 Posts
hehe, tight, i have an automatic, about 3 days ago, i raced a 92 accord lx on my way home from work.......i drive auto, his too, i smoked his monkey ass, with no mods under my hood

·
Registered
34 Posts
LOL you nissan guys are cocky too...pickin on a lil 94 accord when you coulda raced a type-r instead? that has VTEC also....or how bout the RSX...or maybe an old sleeper crx hahaha hell i'll take you in my 7thgen civic. :)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
"I live my life 1/4 mile at a time...for those 20 seconds...i'm free." -SentraRacer97

Those 20 seconds are about what it'll take to get the smell of my exhaust out of your 7th gen's cockpit. "Nissan" Enjoy the ride....:cool: Guys who drive nissans aren't as cocky as the ever-so popular honda guys who put $2500.00 bodykits on their cars, throw in a sony playstation, Flauge around with them fake @ss altezza lights, NISSAN skyline tail lights, skyline front fascias, illegally negative camber, nasty 'OL illuminated washer nozzles, noisy exhausts systems and their caps twisted back. And the sad thing is, I feel it's more of a cult following or ritual because they do it every where. It's like as soon as you buy a honda you're brain-washed with the reading of magazines. You should see these guys here in south florida, they are pathetic looking. Like zombies, they ride around looking for action/for a race against anyone or anything. So they cross my B12 and they are brought back to reality quickly. hondas are not the $hit here and especially not in japan. Hell, nissan and toyota get more props and hondas will just be what they are " A good car for grandma and going to church in".....Just my penny's worth......

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
Re: "I live my life 1/4 mile at a time...for those 20 seconds...i'm free." -SentraRacer97

boost_boy said:
Those 20 seconds are about what it'll take to get the smell of my exhaust out of your &th gen's cockpit. "Nissan" Enjoy the ride....:cool: Guys who drive nissans aren't as cocky as the ever-so popular honda guys who put $2500.00 bodykits on their cars, throw in a sony playstation, Flauge around with them fake @ss altezza lights, NISSAN skyline tail lights, skyline front fascias, illegally negative camber, nasty 'OL illuminated washer nozzles, noisy exhausts systems and their caps twisted back. And the sad thing is, I feel it's more of a cult following or ritual because they do it every where. It's like as soon as you buy a honda you're brain-washed with the reading of magazines. You should see these guys here in south florida, they are pathetic looking. Like zombies, they ride around looking for action/for a race against anyone or anything. So they cross my B12 and they are brought back to reality quickly. hondas are not the $hit here and especially not in japan. Hell, nissan and toyota get more props and hondas will just be what they are " A good car for grandma and going to church in".....Just my penny's worth......
well put.. i agree with you!!!!!!
i don't even have fun racing civics anyomre...even though i have a automatic i still whip thatass.... but there are some civics that i give props to...about 2 % of the civic population care about engine work!!! I also rather see a civic with a body kit rims projectors altezzas and a stock exhaust because when people slap on the aftermarket ones its just plain rude.......it sounds like 20 lawnmowers/weedwackers packed into one muffler!!!!!!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
LOL:D Thank god I'm on vacation, so I don't have to drive on the street with these goons for a while. It seems like most guys that drive hondas don't work nor go to school (maybe they work the late night shift in a chinese restaraunt preparing "RICE":D....But I'll admit like you did Rob, some of these guys do care about performance and will spend their money senselessly on block guards, sleeves, VTIK controllers and all that other honda related crap and they get the results they want even if it costs them an engine and crap load of money. High performance hondas aren't reliable (Point Blank) and this I know. Go check out www.thepartstrader.com and see how many turbo kits for hondas are for sale (off the chain). But I'll admit some of them do look tight and that individual did what the honda god wanted him to do "Rice it out"............. :p

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Waaaaaiiiiiiiii-waaaaiiiiuuuuuurrrrruuuuppp! What in the hell was that? Oh, just another nasty civic with a B series VTIK motor in it (Disgusting);) I love hondas:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
UHHHH....no high performance car is really reliable..dont care what kind it is..the more you do the more problems and headaches that occur. Point Blank If your talking spending money carelessly on hooking up a Honda....hooking up any car is spending careless money realisitically. Whether you want to admit or not Hondas can be fast, the are extremely tunable, and there engines are very strong.....I think your issue is with idiots that cant hook up cars right and feel that an exhaust and big stickers = 50WHP. I agree.......because the majority of cars on the road are Hondas...By numbers they have alot more retarts driving them.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Well, I can say one thing about you Importracer and that is you have an understanding that with a large # of followers, you're bound to find 10% of the bunch to be strange. I'm not hatin' on Honda and their product, but this a place where we can talk about some of the crap we encounter and the Honda followers seem to produce the most. We can't even mention mazda because there rice level is very low. Ford and their cars don't qualify. Toyota got some rice, but not as bad as Honda or Nissan "yes nissan". Honda is king rice in my book, but I'll admit that their engines are widely used and display wicked power. I guess when a nissan enthusiast gets smoked by a guy in the honda cult, he's immediately posessd and tries to rice out what he's got. I have seen some ricey 240sx and B14 sentras and it hurts because it's so close to home. But hell, to each his own...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you havent seen Mazda rice you havent seen rice... The area where I live percentage wise Mazda is at about 90% rice.Meaning 90% of Mazdas are Gen 1 and 2 RX7s and those little hatch backs. These things are the epitome of RICE...from the Chrome Hubbys, air horns, fart pipes(ie...relly bad exhausts) mirror tint, huge wings, dropped 4.5" its terrible. Percentage wise they are the worst....around me anyway

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
LMAO:p I guess there's a lesson to be learned here and that is no matter where you are "Got Rice"........I'm not going to lie, i had a riced out 1987 Hyundai Excel GLS when I was stationed in Hawaii, but that P>O<S got me so much @ss that Wilt Chamberlain cringed at the very thought that someone else was beating his time. Viva La Hyundai..............

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NIce way to go off topic. I liked the conversation and there was no flaming of each other, (not a lot anyways). I am not putting down any other car manufacturer as each engine has its limits despite who makes it. Honda/Acura has a bigger aftermarket and thus is able to take their engines to farther levels than most other cars, money permitting of course. I beat the Accord and thats all there is to it. Why pick on an accord?? Well it does have 140 or 150 HP, VTEC, altough it does weigh a lot more than my car. Im not like other people. Im not going to try and race an RSX or a type R anything (civic, integra, whatever it may be) I love that some people are doing motor swaps such as the B18C5 into civic hatchbacks. Hey if youre in the Los Angeles area, sure i'll take your 7th gen civic.

N

·
0 Posts
i dont know about u guys......but when i go out....i dont go looking for races....sure...if someone calls me out...i might race(depending on the situation, i.e. cop zone, traffic, etc.) but.... even though i have nothing against honda....I hate the fact that prolly over 90% of the riceburners u see on the streets are hondas.....so...like mentioned before, i dont wanna be a zombie and follow in honda footsteps....and teknokid...me and u..1/4 mile baby...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: "I live my life 1/4 mile at a time...for those 20 seconds...i'm free." -SentraRacer97

boost_boy said:
Those 20 seconds are about what it'll take to get the smell of my exhaust out of your 7th gen's cockpit. "Nissan" Enjoy the ride....:cool: Guys who drive nissans aren't as cocky as the ever-so popular honda guys who put $2500.00 bodykits on their cars, throw in a sony playstation, Flauge around with them fake @ss altezza lights, NISSAN skyline tail lights, skyline front fascias, illegally negative camber, nasty 'OL illuminated washer nozzles, noisy exhausts systems and their caps twisted back. And the sad thing is, I feel it's more of a cult following or ritual because they do it every where. It's like as soon as you buy a honda you're brain-washed with the reading of magazines. You should see these guys here in south florida, they are pathetic looking. Like zombies, they ride around looking for action/for a race against anyone or anything. So they cross my B12 and they are brought back to reality quickly. hondas are not the $hit here and especially not in japan. Hell, nissan and toyota get more props and hondas will just be what they are " A good car for grandma and going to church in".....Just my penny's worth......
haha you're so full of BS man..you know NISSAN OWNERS HAVE RICE ALSO and their altezzas and washer nozzles, and playstations and bodykits so dont even start with that :rolleyes: Oh yea and saying "nissan and toyota get more props"....accord is one of the top selling cars in the nation....your point??? think before you say something next time. Who cares whats going on in japan...we're living in the US. Wake up and check out reality.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You know what Chief, I'm not going to entertain that last post of yours. It's good you don't know me;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts