Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one day my 94 b13 xe (almost out of nowhere) started running REAL bad. i did simple checks (which are about my limits of engine knowledge) and narrowed it down to the second from left cylinder.

spark plugs are fine, (they are new) same as the wires... this leads me to think it was the fuel injector.

i went to a local junkyard with my tools and dissected another b13 ga16de up to the fuel injectors, and fuel rail. got another working fuel injecter, went home and swapped with the suspected bad one (without removing intake manifold or anything) replaced injector wires, and fired up the car...

No different...

now i think it has to do with the fuel injector wiring... since i noticed that the wires near the injector were somewhat corroded and poorly covered in electrical tape. i currently cannot find my DMM and dunno of any other ways to test the wires....

does anybody have any ideas on how to test the wires? what is the effort needed to replace the wires? or is there anything else that may be the problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could pull the wire for the spark plug out and there would be no change in the engines rough running

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, earlier today, my mom needed to go to the store. while she was driving, she said the car just up and started running normally....
I guess the Fuel injector that i replaced just needed some time to start working properly.

So now the car is back to normal..

at least i learned that it is possible to replace a fuel injector w/o having to take off the intake plenum that SEVERAL shops around here said i would have to. although it was not real fun or easy.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,236 Posts
more likely its the bad wiring !!
Intermittent problems are a bear, but you know where it is when it comes back.

·
Registered
147 Posts
or bad gas/messed up fuel pump....when my needle hist 1/4 tank it runs out of gas, before it dies it runs like its on 3cyls and undoing plugs make no difference, check it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no fuel pump problems, 1/4 tank = 1/4 tank for me

i have always used premium gas since i owned it (i happened across this site when i first got the car in March '08) and used BP/Thorntons fuel (i work at a thorntons, and our fuel is delivered from the BP refinery.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts