Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 94 Sentra engine bolt into a 98 sentra? If not how much extra will go into the swap? I blew my engine (2 rods ouch) and in need of a replacement.

I'm not sure right now if this car is an auto or manual, however I drive and auto and if this car's engine is a manual will that be a problem?

thanks and if you need more info on anything I'll post it.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
xbrandonx said:
Will a 94 Sentra engine bolt into a 98 sentra? If not how much extra will go into the swap? I blew my engine (2 rods ouch) and in need of a replacement.

I'm not sure right now if this car is an auto or manual, however I drive and auto and if this car's engine is a manual will that be a problem?

thanks and if you need more info on anything I'll post it.
Id just do a Sr swap at this point. I beleave the B13 Ga has a different kind of emissions. I you would also have to change the wiring harnes for those plugs that are not plug and play. And not its does not matter if its auto/manual. Just have to swap over the flywheel etc. Best of luck

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about doing the swap, but I found an engine (1.6) for 100 bucks. IF I do the swap I've already talked to greg V about my stromung exhaust and he said I could upgrade the the 2.25 if I get an sr20 engine and I would have to get a new header (I have a 1.6 hotshot header not installed yet) and I'd sell that and get one for the 2.0

But doing an sr20 swap would take alot extra work as well, and I"m trying to keep it simple and cheap most of all.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
xbrandonx said:
I thought about doing the swap, but I found an engine (1.6) for 100 bucks. IF I do the swap I've already talked to greg V about my stromung exhaust and he said I could upgrade the the 2.25 if I get an sr20 engine and I would have to get a new header (I have a 1.6 hotshot header not installed yet) and I'd sell that and get one for the 2.0

But doing an sr20 swap would take alot extra work as well, and I"m trying to keep it simple and cheap most of all.
I could get you a Full Sr swap 97 with lsd 67k for 1200$ PM to talk more

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hoping to keep the cost down, not bad though, I'm gonna see what I can get, this engine is pretty cheap, not sure if its gonna fit though, what warenty will be on it, I've also found a 98 200sx engine with 32000 miles on it, and that will fit correct? I don't know how much that will be and its about 6 hours away, which isn't bad to pick it up but still not awful, if it comes down to it though, and saving 150 on shipping then I'll do it, whatever, damn my life sucks.

·
Drop-Out
1,892 Posts
xbrandonx said:
hoping to keep the cost down, not bad though, I'm gonna see what I can get, this engine is pretty cheap, not sure if its gonna fit though, what warenty will be on it, I've also found a 98 200sx engine with 32000 miles on it, and that will fit correct? I don't know how much that will be and its about 6 hours away, which isn't bad to pick it up but still not awful, if it comes down to it though, and saving 150 on shipping then I'll do it, whatever, damn my life sucks.
Yes a 98 will fit 95-99.
This engine will start right up and give you no problem what so ever!

Fuck, you think your life sucks? come live mine for a day..I wish a blown motor was my only problem

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not my only problem, however not having a running car is a very big problem right now.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
xbrandonx said:

If your intake manifold will bolt up to the '98 head, you are all set.

Your '94 engine uses OBD-I engine management and pollution control. The '98 engine uses OBD-II. If the IM will not bolt up, you will need the ECU and harness from a '98 for this to work.

Lew

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lshadoff said:
If your intake manifold will bolt up to the '98 head, you are all set.

Your '94 engine uses OBD-I engine management and pollution control. The '98 engine uses OBD-II. If the IM will not bolt up, you will need the ECU and harness from a '98 for this to work.

Lew
My car is a 98, with the rods thrown, the ECU and harness will be fine correct?

As far as the intake manifold, I have a hotshot header which will fit 91-99 correct?

only problem I have my exhaust is not in so I'd have to have a pipe added on to fit my currect stock exhaust until I got my stromung in to mount up to it.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
xbrandonx said:
My car is a 98, with the rods thrown, the ECU and harness will be fine correct?

As far as the intake manifold, I have a hotshot header which will fit 91-99 correct?

only problem I have my exhaust is not in so I'd have to have a pipe added on to fit my currect stock exhaust until I got my stromung in to mount up to it.
Oops! I got it backwards. You need to put the '98 intake on the '94 engine for everything to work. I don't know if it will fit. On the Sr20DE, it does not.

Lew

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lshadoff said:
Oops! I got it backwards. You need to put the '98 intake on the '94 engine for everything to work. I don't know if it will fit. On the Sr20DE, it does not.

Lew
OK, I have everything for a 98 sentra. EVERYTHING, my engine blew. So if I get a 94 engine it will work.

Also, if I put the engine in and put the HOTSHOT header on, that will work as well?

All plugs will plug right in and be done?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so everything is bolt, unplug, rebolt replug on these 2 engienes.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xbrandonx said:
so everything is bolt, unplug, rebolt replug on these 2 engienes.

^^^
I meant unbolt of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts