Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to run some errands today & car ran fine. When I came out from store, car started OK, but noticed it seemed to be running rough & when I put it in reverse, it was real rough & slow back-up. Put it into drive & it was like it was running on 3 cylinders & very shakey with low take-off power, as if it would stall, but did not.
Replaced Fuel Filter, Dist Cap & Rotor. Still running rough. Checked spark & all 4 are sparking at plug end. Take wires off plugs 1 at a time & engine will get sluggish on 3 out of the 4. 1 cylinder, engine makes no change in way it is running. Checked the plug & it shows a little black on the inside, verses the other plugs, which show grayish white.
I switched injectors around & still had problem with the same cylinder, still had no change in rough running or new injector not working and still running on 3 cylinders. Also did a check with NOID Light, circuits working OK. :balls: :wtf: :waving: :mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
you have a intake manifold leak,they are very common on these cars.usually the 4th cylinder will have the problem.use a little carb cleaner and spray around the intake gasket and when the motors clears up you found your leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts