Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so i just installed hks ssqv bovs to my car. At idle everything works just fine, while im accelerating its fine but when i let off the gas to shift gears if i dont hurry and put the car in gear it bogs down and sometimes completely stalls. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks
(RHD 94 Nissan 300zx TT 2+2)

Attachments

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,254 Posts
Your problem should be fixed if you RECIRCULATE YOUR BOV. It does nothing but make your car run rich when you let off the gas pedal and cause your engine to bog out and/or die.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,254 Posts
If you want to keep the HKS BOVs, here's a nice video clip of someone who did the modifications for the BOVs:

MAF Issues:
If your MAF comes before the BOV, then you will need to recirculate the air back into the system, after the MAF. There are 2 reason for this. Under some circumstances, the BOV can be open while driving. This could allow unmetered air to go in through the BOV and not go through the MAF. This would cause a lean condition. The second reason is when the BOV vents boost pressure, that air has already been metered through the MAF. Having it metered but not used would cause a rich condition. The whole point is if you vent to the atmosphere, the MAF reading would no longer be accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts