Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to swap a gauge cluster from a 93 sentra xe to a gauge cluster from a ser. If so what would it take as far as wiring.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You could but the tach would display an incorrect redline for your GA16DE engine. You would be better off getting a GA16DE cluster with tach from an SE, GXE, or LE which had that cluster. You need to get an 93 or 94 cluster since you have the electronic speedo. In either situation, an SE-R cluster or any of those mentioned, you'd want to get the harnesses from the donor car so that you could figure out what wires you need to be switched out. A factory service manual would be a big help in that area. Probably the trickiest thing would be to get the tach sensing wire hooked up, in which case you can go all the way to the coil or do what I did when I put an aftermarket tach in my XE. I tapped into the blue wire with a white stripe that comes out of the ECU. Do a search and see if anyone's posted directions on the swap. Otherwise I have a 93 FSM and can help you figure out what wires switch to what.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I'm working on an SE-R cluster swap into an E, and so far I'm going to say you should get one out of an SE. It appears that I'm going to need to get the SR20 sending unit off the tranny to make the speedo register properly since the markings on the speedo are different.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Too bad you weren't looking two months ago. There was a clean, black, '94 SE-R with pretty low miles on it, like 84K for sale in Miami. I really wanted to buy it but shipping was going to cost me $800 and I couldn't buy it cheap enough with the shipping to make it worth my while. Needed a paintjob and that was it. I just sold my XE today. Was sad to see it go. :( Grass is always greener.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have an aftermarket tach already. My goal is to build a serious sleeper, i mean come on who would believ a 4 door sentra could run worth a damn.i want a sr20 swap or the hotshot turbo. on ly prob is my car is an auotmatic. if i go the sr20 route there is a place near daytona fl. where you can get any motor they have for $250. seats for 20-30 i cant remember the name but when i do i'll post it. until then thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts