Nissan Forum banner

Whats my best first performance modification?

• New header

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full exhaust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CAI Intake

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Sell the damn thing!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just got into trying to improve the performance on this car. An automatic so I am not wanting to go too far. It's also a daily driver. No major engine modifications yet. 70 series tires cause I have to get up the ski slopes.

My first step for improved performance should be?

I have the stock set of tires for sale - Follow the link for a picture.http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~mbeardsl/tires/tires.htm

·
Registered
638 Posts
Advance your timing to 15 deg. and get a 5 HP increase for free. Then get a HS cai, this will be a good start and you will feel a nice power increase...:)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hp increase from CAI

Except for the changed wheels, everything else is stock.. what kind of hp results would you expect?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Re: hp increase from CAI

169 said:
Except for the changed wheels, everything else is stock.. what kind of hp results would you expect?
The HS CAI should give you about a 4-5 HP increase...:)

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
I went ahead and checked off "CAI" because it is one of the best bang-for-the-buck mods on the GA-motor. Place Racing and Hotshot both put out exceptional CAI products for our motors... and I've only heard good things about the AEM intake, thought it is a lil' bit more expensive. As for what to truely do first, advance your timing. FREE mods are the bestest! (yes, that's bestest :D ). LOL You can find past posts about advancing your timing in the Archives... use the "Search" command to find them. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts