Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey evereyone...I am a new member to this an need some help.

I have alway wanted a Nissan Sentra because of the economics of owning one...I found a 93 sentra xe 1.6 last year with 114,00 miles...it had been sitting a long time and was really rusted.

I have had the gas tank, alternator, full brake syatems, tie rods, rims, tires,plugs, wires, brand new full exaustetc.. done.

I just got robbed from a mechanic , I wanted to have my power steering belt replaced, he didn't do it and gave me back the car saying the pump was spitting out fluoid and needs replaced. It never did this before, now when i turn there is a loud grinding noise

My questions are..

How do you drain the transmission fluid/add new? what kind do you suggest? How much does it take??

How do you change the transmission filter? what do you reccommend for filter?

Any ideas as to why my car makes a grinding noise when I turn the key to start it?

It now has 130.000 miles and has never died on me, is great on gas and insurance is low...I love this car and have put a lot of money and TLC into it this year...with the economy how it is I assume just fix it and keep it it is a great running car, quiet and smooth ride. Any help would be great,,,

please pm me with any suggestions or e--mail [email protected], or post...thanks a lot..I am going to try to fix the basic things myself with a little help in these forums

1 - 1 of 1 Posts