Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed resonator so wanted to test 0-60 times with my 1.6L nissan sentra XE. I also took out moms caravan and timed that.

took it out for a road test also(LOL). Here are the times, and just for laughs brought out moms 2.4L caravan 3spd.

Nissan sentra:
"cold air intake(well, the filter at least) resonator removal(good for 50hp) and cut fan belt to ac pump(it wasnt working anyway)
Bad clutch(weak off the point) and crank breather. i figure all and all i gained about 50decibals of noise and 5hp, oh well it was fun.
finally the times:

1993 Nissan Sentra (1.6L) GA16DE: 12.58 sec (0-60)

2000 Dodge caravan(2.4L) Stock : 12.16 sec (0-60)

Yes its sad. Moms caravan can smoke the tweaked out sentra.
But keep in mind that the sentra burns alittle oil(previous owner) and has 150K on her, and the clutch is really warn so i get nothing off the point.

Does anyone know stock 0-60 times? I would like to know if all my work has done anything uther than raise the noise level, which is okay by me.

But when i first got the car i timed 0-60, it was 15.1 sec which was just horrible, so just did some basic maintaince, and i geuss it has gotten a lot lower...but i would still like to know the stock times.

thanks,
silas

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh come on someones got to know!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Stock 0-60 for a '92 E (stripper) is 8.4.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you sure thats pretty quick, i mean even though my clutch is bad and the cars got 150k, it does 12.6, i can take of 1/2 sec for clutch and 1/2 sec for engine, and get 11.6
i mean 8.4 is alot quicker esp. in a 1.6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts