Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I just bought a 93 sentra se, as a winter beater car, but I realized how cheap it could be to build a performance car. I am used to american cars, and it is expensive as all hell. This is my first Jap car, and so far I'm really happy with it. Right now the car has 180K miles on it. I was thinkin about doin a sr20det swap with it. But here's the problem. My car is front wheel drive. All of the swaps I've seen with the sr20det have RWD tranny's. So what does this mean?...How hard is it to swithch to RWD?...Is it just a matter of the RWD tranny and rear differentials, with solid axel in the front?...Another words...do I jus have to instal a solid axel in the front, and put a complete axel i the rear w/ the differentials, and then the rest should bolt up, or what? Someone help me out please. Thanks a lot

Adam

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
it would be too much work. This has been asked so many times now. The car doesnt have any accomadations for the axel shaft and so forth. If you want to use the DET then you can just get a motor out of a GTI-R. Even then it will be a lot of work, probably too much for most people to go through with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hwats the diffculty in putting in the u13 in the sentra? i have a 94 le sentra and want to use the u13. can you use the AWD tranny and make the sentra AWD as well?

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
^^^^It would be easier to just make it RWD and we've gone over that one.

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
You need to do a lot more research....All of this is readily available information with just a quick lookup. I have no problem helping you out but you need to also be able to look stuff up for yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts