Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 93 sentra xe 1.6 with around 100,000 miles on it. I have a budget of around 1500 dollars to attempt to get it at least a liiiiitle bit faster :)
what are my options and how much would it cost me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything extra i'd have to buy to go along with it? cams, etc? and is it safe for my engine considering its got 100k on it?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
With the turbo, the boost must be kept low for the internals and piston compression. YOu will need a new walbro fuel pump, injectors, ECU from JWT is the easiest computer and they work well with turbo applications. use a factory Cap and Rotor and you will need a Hotter Coil for spark, cooler NGK plugs. JWT ECU can deal with timing retard internally. THe JWT cams are also available with the turbo application when Hotshot was around. With 100,000, well you want to make sure the motor is in excellent health. if the motor was not cared for, then you may have oil blow by with a turbo, the valvetrain must be clean for good airflow, the plenum and Throttle body cleaned, the Timing chain and guides need inspected for wear. the water pump should be looked at. I would Run some Z-max in the oil and fuel and clean that thing good!! Ask WES about the turbo!!! he knows alot more than most.

chris 92 classic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanks. I've got another question for ya'. How hard would an engine swap be? (from my stock 1.6 to say a 2.4 or somewhere in that region?) I know you need a new computer, and most likely some transmission mods to connect the engine to it, but exactly how hard of a project is it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Alright, thanks. I've got another question for ya'. How hard would an engine swap be? (from my stock 1.6 to say a 2.4 or somewhere in that region?) I know you need a new computer, and most likely some transmission mods to connect the engine to it, but exactly how hard of a project is it?

If you go with the 2.0L SR20DE it's more or less a bolt-in affair, as the B13 came with that motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts