Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 93 B13 w/ the SR20DE today. I put a new battery in since it was sitting for quite a while. It started up just fine but ran a little rough. I'm changing out the plugs and wires tonight when I get off work. Anyway, I went to go to lunch from work and it wouldn't start. All accessory lights come on in the ON position but when I move to the START position, nothing happens. It's the same as trying to start without pushing in the clutch.

Things I've tried:
1. - pushing in the clutch switch with my finger and turning the key.
2. - wiggling the key and flipping sides in case of bad IGN switch.

Things I will try:
1. - starter

Does anyone else have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Since you just put a new batt. in check all your cables. You might not have tightened them up or they may have come loose.
-ben

·
Registered
94 Posts
most likely the starter, try tapping it with something give it a few taps and then try starting the car, if that dont work then get someone to tap it while you turn the key it should start up if its not too worn out yet. either way u still will have to get a new or used starter. later man

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Started up

After I got it towed home, I hit the starter with my trusty 1/2" craftsman ratchet and it fired right up.

Thanks everyone for all the input on my first post. I'm really impressed with this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts