Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just bought a new to me 93 Pathfinder XE V6 2WD 5Spd. It has manual door locks and windows, so I thought, hey I am getting out of many issues. LOL

The key only functions from in a forward direction. I can unlock the door, but I must lock it to remove the key. I tore it all apart, but I cannot find anything broken, it seems to just be the lock itself.

Has anybody delt with this?

I figure I can take it to a locksmith, but if I can fix it myself, all the better for me and the wallet, I lubed it inside and out, has made no difference.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Gang,
Ok,... So I ripped apart both doors, and did a systematic comparison. Where the lock cylander connects to the latch, there is a plastic piece that looks kinda like an upsidedown Idaho. Somebody put a ziptie to hold this piece into the latch mechanism.

This ziptie is interfering with both the function of the lock cylander, and the latch.

I think I want to have a replacement upsidedown Idaho before I cut the ziptie. But I do not know what it is called.

Is there an easy way to get this stuff in and out of the door? I was thinking there has to be an easier way, but I have no idea what it is.

I found a pdf of the manual, and it does not go into removal/replacement of the latch/lock assembly.

Any Ideas?

Any information/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

·
3,553 Posts
That'd be a linkage keeper or stay, I think. It binds the two linkage ends together while allowing movement necessary for lock operation. I've found generic versions at auto parts stores in the HELP! aisle before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts