Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, i've just joined here because I am looking at buying my first vehicle (im 17 yrs old) and there is a pathfinder for sale nearby in within my price range. I'm just wondering if any of you out there can give me some tips on what to look for when i'm looking at this vehicle and driving it. I am already aware of the major frame rust issues and i will look for that. from the looks of it the only rust seems to be on the rocker panels though, but this is only from pictures. It is the v6 4WD 5-spd model.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
how many miles are on it? average miles per yr is 15k, this will tell your if its high or low. are there any maintenance records? when was the last time the timing belt was changed? a tuneup done? things like that will tell you if it was cared for or not. is there any undercarriage damage from hard 4 wheeling? has it ever been in an accident? does it dog track? what does the interior look like? does it match the mileage?

all in all the pathy is an excellent vehicle (aside from the frame rust). if the rust is bad i.e. huge holes in the frame stay away from it because it would be a lot frame repair or money to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for your quick reply!
thanks for your tips, the guy hasn't gotten back to me yet, but i'm sure i should hear back tonight. I don't know how many kms are one it, but that is one of the questions i asked. but around here average mileage is about 20-25,000 kms a year as we live in the country so driving into the city adds a bit more mileage. Although i won't be putting anywhere near that kind of mileage on it. I'd also like to know what kind of gas mileage they get, i'm more concerned about highway mileage as that is what i drive mostly with very few stops on these country roads. Mileage isn't a huge problem, as i already am driving my dad's olds alero which gets about 17-18 mpg, i would just like to know what i should expect (how big is the tank btw, 57L?).

Thanks again and anybody else with info or thigns to look for is still greatly appreciated

Dave

·
3,553 Posts
Gas tank is 21.1 gallons and mileage is 15mpg city/18mpg highway. That's for the 4WD V6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts