Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Nissan Sentra with the 1.6 and about 170,000 miles. The other day I was driving somewhere and pressed the clutch in, and realized that it wouldn't come out. I pull out the clutch and press it in and it sticks again. It seems like there is no pressure in clutch at all when it is being pressed in, and when I pull on it, it pops out.

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
cmrino said:
I have a 93 Nissan Sentra with the 1.6 and about 170,000 miles. The other day I was driving somewhere and pressed the clutch in, and realized that it wouldn't come out. I pull out the clutch and press it in and it sticks again. It seems like there is no pressure in clutch at all when it is being pressed in, and when I pull on it, it pops out.
Yeah, sounds like a shot clutch cable. I can't imagine you can drive the car anymore. Check the cable connection to the clutch pedal to make sure, and look under the hood, following where the cable comes out of the firewall to the release lever. Chances are it's complete broken, or stretched way to far.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.