Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 5 months ago my tailight fuse melted inside the fuse box, and it melted up the harness a bit. I cut the bad part of the wire out, and ran a new wire down. Since the fuse melted inside the box, i ran a kill switch to my tailights and had it wired directly to the battery. When i hit the kill switch it turned on my right high beam headlight, and the taillights worked. Out of the blue now, my taillights have nothing. I have my brake lights, reverse lights, and blinker lights, just no running tail lights. I work in a garage, and i took an in depth look and tested the lightswitch on the steering colomn, everything is good there. I checked the bulbs, replaced them and still nothing. Anyone have an idea why they would cut out like that? i ran the kill switch for 5 months without a problem, i had all my lights, then it was just nothing. Please help

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tested it with a power probe. I also relize when i was re-doing the exhaust, that under the middle of the bed when the frame goes from one side to another, it looks like there was a ground there, i have a broken wire hanging down (not a normal wire) and it was grounded to the frame, but it was ripped out of something. Im not sure if this has to do with the tail lights but after looking at a wiring diagramit shows a wire from that same spotand says "to tail harness" but if that were the ground for the tail harness then why do i still have brake lights, reverse lights, and blinker lights?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats just the thing, the tail light fuse melted into the fuse box. so i cut the wire out, ran a kill switch to the battery and the tail lights worked fine for 5 months like that, now theres nothing, and that wire i thought was it, wasnt....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts