Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gurus - Help a newbie out :newbie:

I’m about to replace a bad injector on my 93 B-13 SE for the first time.
How critical is it that new insulators are used? The FSM suggest that they should be changed. And I’ve search around here and other boards and couldn’t find a definitive answer. When I pulled the rail they looked OK – no cracking.

Also I was thinking of opening the other three individually with a 9Volt battery and blowing compresses air into the rail to blast them clean – good idea? – or very bad??

Thanks for the advice
--Fred

·
Registered
734 Posts
not sure about the 9v battery but if the insulators look good, then just take care when replacing the injector. i've used the old ones over before with out trouble.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I seriously doubt that 9 volt battery is capable to deliver as much current as injector will need. propably it won't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My concern was blowing compressed air down the fuel rail and through the injector - if doing that would possibly damage something in the injector or the regulator on the rail. I'm hesitant to try it.

not sure about the 9v battery but if the insulators look good, then just take care when replacing the injector. i've used the old ones over before with out trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts