Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a jvc deck into my 5spd altima 3 months ago.. when the deck was installed i removed the 5 disc changer, i have no lights working on my dash or my clock.. my clock works if my headlights are off but when they are on the clock doesnt work.. how do i get my dashboard lights to work i cant tell what speed im going at night. please help i have the wires for the deck butt connected correctly with the correct wires going to the correct wire... is there a factory amp somewhere that i need to remove? Please help

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
when you installed the deck, did you use the 'earth' wire in the original deck loom or did you find a new chassis earth under the dash somewhere?????
if you used the 'earth' in the loom, remove it and earth the wire from the deck, to the chassis somewhere. then check your fuse box for blown lighting fuses and replace any that are blown.
I've had this happen on a car before and that's how we fixed it. Hopefully this will help.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
What do you have the Red/Yellow and the Red/Blue wires connected to on the head unit harness?

Troy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red - red (being power) yellow to yellow for memory batery acc and my blue is connect to my remote for my amplifier

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
I am sure those those connections are fine... I am asking about what is connected to the dash harness red wire with a yellow stripe and the other red wire with a blue stripe?

Troy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will have to look on saturday.. i have two harnesses one going for the speakers i believe and the other one is for mostly the deck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
in the factory harness there is a illumination wire that wire will show ground(so you think its the right ground wire) but actually if yu turn your lights on it gets power, then when that wire has power and its connected to the dround wire of the radio its a short and pops the fuse. so moral of the story is just always ground the head unit to some bare metal behind the radio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
KA24Tech - i took the deck out i have an extra factory harness.. (blue with silver squares) and (red with silver squares) both wires going into a factory harness and stuck going no where.... so thats an open red and blue.. do i take that as ground the blue and hook red as positive ? suggestions on that one pleaseee i have no clue where to wire those ones into maybe red to power and blue to remote?

edit:
sorry there is also a red wire with a silver stripe (or black) hard to tell at 3:10am and it also is part of the three wires in a factory harness going nowhere theres nothing to plug them into.. so overal here it is

going to a factory harness
Red Wire with Silver Squares
Red Wire with Silver line down it
Blue wire with silver Squares
all leading to factory harness pluging into nothing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yellow - Yellow
Red - Red
Black - Black -black that is grounded on my metal behind the deck and to the left abit
orange white - orange white
orange - cut off with mars cap
blue white - remote for subs
blue white - blue whitch is blue from speaker harness - blue white whitch is part of the cd harness (NOT the harness that goes into the deck the harness that plugs into the other harness that leads to the deck if u understand.

There are no "cut" wires at all except for the orange that is the illumantion i bought the wire harness.

edit:
then i have the speakers wired up but no need to list those i dont think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a jvc deck.... orange white is connected to orange white currently and pure orange is cut

from the factory harness i have blue white on the deck portion of the harness and a blue white on the speaker harness since theres two harnesses.. that plug in on the altima's

·
Registered
243 Posts
ok well only connect the
yellow + constant
red + ignition
black - ground

blue/white + remote turn on(if yu hav an amp)

white + front left
white/black - front left

grey + front right
grey/black - front right

green + rear left
green/black - rear left

purple + rear right
purple/black - rear right

do not hav either orange connected.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts