Nissan Forum banner

93' 300zx NA

15K views 70 replies 9 participants last post by  Atomzzz 
#1 ·
look for more posts with pics

See less See more
G
#11 ·
but you cannot see the intake nor the downpipes unless you are either under the car(downpipes) or unless you took off the center panel(intake). or do you mean you have a chromed Y pipe. which does not seem right, because they are rubber. and the downpipes, AKA test pipes do not come in chrome because they get so hot the chrome would just flake off anyways?? you lost me man.

G
#15 ·
i go strictly for power and performance mods. shiney shit does not make you go fast so i do not even bother. i got a set of sheep dog BOV's recently, sweet sound, good spool up time. gotta love turbos. but i had an NA at one time too, nice car for crusing but it does not have that throw you back in your seat power that a TT does.

#18 · (Edited)
If youve read

All the smart drivers have their hicass disconnected... and also Steve Millen the most succesfull Nissan 300zx driver used a 2+2 that was converted to TT ... reason the car has a longer wheelbase... Thus it handles better It was lighter than the TT also... :) Its not as expensive as it sounds(well on TT.net it is) but I can buy a JSPEC TT for around 1500.00 with turbos slap the baby in and there ya have it.... and besides that I have a sweeet looking car that has been fun to work on... I've learned alot about the car along the way... I wouldnt get rid of her for less than $20,000, with the suspension, bodykit, brakes, disks, wheels, interior job, & sound system I have.

G
#19 ·
i really like the hicas, and i know plenty of people who feel the same way. the only people who buy the hicas kit are people who have problems with it and don't want to pay out the nose to get it fixed. and the 2+2 is a little heavier than the 2 seater twinturbo. a longer wheelbase only means more stability at high speeds, not through tight turns. doing a TT conversion is a lot more involved than just dropping an engine in, in addition to the engine you will also need the tranny,EGI harness,intercoolers and all the piping, fuel pump, oil cooler,radiator, ECU, front bumper,clutch, vac. assist stuff for the clutch,exhaust system, clutch pedal,variety of sensors and actuators and the main engine room harness. along with a lot of gringing and frame work to get everything to fit. so if that sounds simple and cheap, i want what you're smoking please. so good luck!:rolleyes:

#20 ·
Specs on non turbo 2+2 - turbo

SPEC SOURCES PROVIDED BY EDMUNDS.COM

Type: 300zx 2+2
Where Built:

Dimensions

Exterior:

Length: 178 in.
Width: 70.9 in.
Height: 48.1 in.
Weight: 3313 lbs.
Wheel Base: 101.2 in.
Interior:

Front Head Room: 37.1 in.
Front Hip Room: 53.5 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.7 in.
Rear Head Room: 34.4 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.2 in.
Rear Hip Room: 41.2 in.
Front Leg Room: 43 in.
Rear Leg Room: 22.7 in.
Luggage Capacity: 21.8 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 4
Performance Data

Performance:

Base Number of Cylinders: 6
Base Engine Size: 3 liters
Base Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 222 hp
Max Horsepower: 6400 rpm
Torque: 198 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4800 rpm
Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 35.4 ft.

Fuel Data
Fuel Tank Capacity: 19 gal.

EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)

Manual: 18 mpg / 24 mpg

Automatic: 18 mpg / 23 mpg

Type: 300zx Sport Coupe TT
Where Built:

Dimensions

Exterior:

Length: 169.5 in.
Width: 70.5 in.
Height: 48.4 in.
Weight: 3474 lbs.
Wheel Base: 96.5 in.
Interior:

Front Head Room: 36.8 in.
Front Hip Room: 53.5 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.7 in.
Front Leg Room: 43 in.
Luggage Capacity: 21.8 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 2
Performance Data

Performance:

Base Number of Cylinders: 6
Base Engine Size: 3 liters
Base Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 300 hp
Max Horsepower: 6400 rpm
Torque: 283 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3600 rpm
Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 34.1 ft.

Fuel Data
Fuel Tank Capacity: 19 gal.

EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)

Manual: 18 mpg / 24 mpg

Automatic: 18 mpg / 24 mpg

Range in Miles: (City/Highway)

Manual: 342 mi. / 456 mi.

Automatic: 342 mi. / 456 mi.

SO theres your info on wieght and other stuff.... even though it was a longer car it was lighter.... It would behoove you if you disconnected your hicass system as it inhibits performance.... ask Stillen down in Costa Mesa

G
#21 ·
like i said the TT is a LITTLE heavier than the NA, not very much. and if you were to swap the NA engine for a TT they would be really close, but i have a feeling that would be relitively impossible unless you got tons of cash and time. and judging from the lack of comment my guess is is will never happen, $1500 is just a starting off point for that conversion. and i have driven a car without the hicas and there were no gains what-so-ever. the rear end did not inspire as much confidence while hard cornering. he only got the kit because repairs exceeded the cost of the eliminator.

#24 ·
Re: If youve read

Atomzzz said:
All the smart drivers have their hicass disconnected... and also Steve Millen the most succesfull Nissan 300zx driver used a 2+2 that was converted to TT ... reason the car has a longer wheelbase... Thus it handles better It was lighter than the TT also... :) Its not as expensive as it sounds(well on TT.net it is) but I can buy a JSPEC TT for around 1500.00 with turbos slap the baby in and there ya have it.... and besides that I have a sweeet looking car that has been fun to work on... I've learned alot about the car along the way... I wouldnt get rid of her for less than $20,000, with the suspension, bodykit, brakes, disks, wheels, interior job, & sound system I have.
A 2+2 is not lighter than a regular Z. You can't buy and import a JDM Z here for $1500, they go for way more than that in the junkyards. Plus you have to make or get made a lot of other parts. Its cheaper to sell the NA and get a TT. Since you NA is so nice and you already have a bunch of work done to it, it might just be worth it to consider the swap but it will be difficult and expensive to do.

Mike

#25 ·
ShaksShaun said:
i really like the hicas, and i know plenty of people who feel the same way. the only people who buy the hicas kit are people who have problems with it and don't want to pay out the nose to get it fixed. and the 2+2 is a little heavier than the 2 seater twinturbo. a longer wheelbase only means more stability at high speeds, not through tight turns. doing a TT conversion is a lot more involved than just dropping an engine in, in addition to the engine you will also need the tranny,EGI harness,intercoolers and all the piping, fuel pump, oil cooler,radiator, ECU, front bumper,clutch, vac. assist stuff for the clutch,exhaust system, clutch pedal,variety of sensors and actuators and the main engine room harness. along with a lot of gringing and frame work to get everything to fit. so if that sounds simple and cheap, i want what you're smoking please. so good luck!:rolleyes:
I hated HICAS, it made the car feel like it wass about to spin out, then it made the car understeer like mad.

I disconnected it and strangly the car turned in better w/o the HICAS and felt much more balanced.

I htink removing the HICAS was a huge improvment.

Mike

#26 ·
ShaksShaun said:
i go strictly for power and performance mods. shiney shit does not make you go fast so i do not even bother. i got a set of sheep dog BOV's recently, sweet sound, good spool up time. gotta love turbos. but i had an NA at one time too, nice car for crusing but it does not have that throw you back in your seat power that a TT does.
Well atmo vented BOV's are a performance decreasing mod! They cause over rich running on overun and can cause problems with venting metered air at high boost levels.

The factory bypsss valves are huge and aftermarket ones are a gimmick noisemaker that can cause performance issues.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.