Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am currently looking at a 92' z32 to buy and everything on the car seems great except a ticking noise when the engine is reved. I talked to a friend and he said it may be the lifters or something. I was hoping someone here could help, common problem with z32 maybe? TIA! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey man i had a 92 NA Z. Loved it, only problem i had was the power steering went out. It had about 125K on it. Wish i keped it. Try some sea foam in it, helped with my 91-which had lifter tick

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Sea foam is a engine cleaner. And no it shouldn't clog anything else up. But it does make your worry when your engine is puffing out white smoke (which it's supposed to during the treatment).

·
Registered
64 Posts
and you can but it in your brake booster or something

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O sweet! I was really worried that i'd buy it and then the lifters would give out then i'd have to replace the cams as well... I guess I'll test drive it after the new clutch is installed.....still waiting for the call, haha!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Every car's lifters will tick eventually. But what 300zxowns meant by the brake booster is the vaccume line to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm i c. I was just scared of the tick at 1st haha cuz its for sale for only $3800 and everything seems great cept the ticking. Sounds like a good buy then.

·
Registered
64 Posts
J-Man said:
hmmm i c. I was just scared of the tick at 1st haha cuz its for sale for only $3800 and everything seems great cept the ticking. Sounds like a good buy then.
Thats a great price for a Z if its in nice condition

1 - 9 of 9 Posts