Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS!
I have a 92 sentra GA16DE 1.6 my driver side axel is bad need to be replaced is the smaller one of the two. can anybody tell me what's the best way to change it? it is true that in order to replace one side the other side need to be taken out too? hope not!! help please any help count!! thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
thats the first thing i ever did to my nissan change dat same axel and it has been one of the easiest things ive done

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
finally changed it! didn't know how easy it was!! didn't have to pull the other side. but what I end up doing
changing the boot not the all thing!! cuz the axle was still good ! what a peace of cake!!! woo hoo!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
they are no trouble, they big thing is removing the axel nut and popping out the axel from the hub. Nissan actually cross-threaded mine into the hub. I did everything to push this out, no hydraulic press could pop this out, no heat or anything. so I ended up replacing my hub and the axels. What a mess. Otherwise, its an easy job. All you really need to look into is to make sure the c- ring on the end stays on when you pull it out.

I hope that you replaced the axel seals while you did this. Because they will tend to leak after new units are installed. they pry out easy and you tap the new ones in. easy

Chris 92 classic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts