Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first and foremost. This vehicle isn't my vehicle. So forgive me for any mistakes in information. But a quick run down of the vehicle. Its a 1992 sentra se (auto), but everything is Se-r swapped including manual conversion, to my understanding. But to the point.. it has disc brakes all around.
Apparently one of the calipers seized or something and it had something broke on the bracket that holds the caliper and pads.
I've tried looking around at junk yards, none have the bracket. Is there somewhere I am missing or am I looking in the wrong direction? Se mods are drum brakes from my understanding. Se-r is disc?

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
108 Posts
Are the two bolts holding the caliper in place?. Those bolts are held to the caliper with slider-pins, which must be grease to allow the caliper to adjust on the brake pad abutment bracket where the slider-pin are also install. Post a picture of the missing part.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,036 Posts
Rockauto.com shows both drum and disc brakes available for the rear on a 92 Sentra 1.6L and just discs on the 2.0L. Caliper w/ bracket part numbers are the same for both engines. They show just the caliper mount bracket under the 1.6L, but it's not listed under the 2.0L and I'm not sure why? Anyway, the caliper bracket, alone, is $11 plus a $5.40 core charge (and shipping). It's Cardone P/N 141520.

However, the bracket only doesn't come with slide pins nor hardware. Since the bores where the slide pins go tend to get rusty, you might be better off getting a complete caliper assembly w/ bracket, which runs about $34 (not including core nor shipping charges.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
108 Posts
You need a loaded caliper. It comes with pads, buttment bracket, hardware, slider pin with boot all fit together in a box. Tell the parts guy you need a loaded caliper.. Most place will not have so good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts