Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sure enough i have wanted to race a new se-r ever since they came out this past year. My car of course has the sr20de in it, just like the original se-r up until the most current 2001 sentra se. The other night i was driving my girlfriend home and this brand new se-r pulls right up next to me at the red light....Perfect!!! I finally get my chance. I checked to see if it was a spec v or not, and it wasnt. 165 hp version. So, i was looking over at the guy but he didnt look back. So, lights about to change and i hear him revving his engine and holding the revs preparing to launch. He was trying to be all sneaky about it. Well, i followed suit. I saw the stock exaust, but its possible he had a cold air intake. Well, light turns green and i spin, he spins and we both grab pretty much at the same time. First gear, i had the jump out in front by a half a car, he had to shift early to second while i get to wind my baby out to 7500, he started to gain as i had to shift but then i hit second gear and jumped out ahead of him. Going through second i had about a car to a car and a half on him until i was just about to hit 3rd, which he was already in and he then shut down. I took him by about a car to a car and a half to 62mph. I was pretty well pleased with this result, yet I have to hand it to the se-r, its quite a quick car. My mods are in my sig, intake and exaust. I had an extra person in the car, not to mention my subs and amp and a full tank of gas. So, with one less person, im sure i would have had him by more. It was fun though, and the se-r deserves some credit.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Good race NismoNx200 and it sounds true.

boost_boy

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats because it is, thanks dude. It was basically the sr20de vs. the qr25de. That engine has some serious potential im thinkin when opened up via i/h/e.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know how you feel. I have a 93 Sentra SE=R and am dying to race the new spec v. I predict that Ill get stomped because im running stock, except a ram air intake that i made. No doubt though i would run him anyway just to say that i did it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts