Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
headlights and roof light will still turn on, engine doesnt turn over or do anything at all, had the same problem a few months ago and i got it towed and all it needed was a new ignition fuse so i figure its the same thing again. although i have no idea how to replace it, lil help plz!:)

edit: just checked the ignition fuses, they all look okay>< any other ideas what it could be?
 

·
absolutely classic
Joined
·
455 Posts
chipstand said:
headlights and roof light will still turn on, engine doesnt turn over or do anything at all, had the same problem a few months ago and i got it towed and all it needed was a new ignition fuse so i figure its the same thing again. although i have no idea how to replace it, lil help plz!:)

edit: just checked the ignition fuses, they all look okay>< any other ideas what it could be?
Starter. Tap it a few times with a wrench, large screwdriver... anything you can reach down there with and give it a few good taps. If it starts afterwards, then your culprit is likely the starter. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hrm, i had a new ignition installed in october>< where is it so i can tap it though?:p im a bit of a newbie
 

·
absolutely classic
Joined
·
455 Posts
chipstand said:
hrm, i had a new ignition installed in october>< where is it so i can tap it though?:p im a bit of a newbie
Not the ignition, the starter. I'm not sure where it is on the NX2000, but on my old '96 Sentra, you could follow the positive battery cable down to the starter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kindfiend said:
Not the ignition, the starter. I'm not sure where it is on the NX2000, but on my old '96 Sentra, you could follow the positive battery cable down to the starter.

hm okay ill give that a whirl, thanks
 

·
Destroyer of worlds.
Joined
·
874 Posts
chipstand said:
hrm, i had a new ignition installed in october>< where is it so i can tap it though?:p im a bit of a newbie
it is in the worst place ever. its on the drivers side sandwiched between the intake manifold and the tranny, behind the resonator (so you'll probably have to remove the air box assembly to reach it.) my car just got back from the mechanic, theres no way in hell i'm gonna try and do THAT myself...even the mechanic was pissed off at how buried it was.

you could also see if its the starter by push starting the car. basically, if it push starts then the starter is bad...if it wont start then its something else. if you dont know how to push start, go find someone whos 45 or older.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turned out it was a different fuse in a little box by the battery in a fairly awkward place, so thats the second time that fuse has blown in like 3 months? any ideas why that would be happening?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Something is shorting out. Look for wires with insulation missing. I am not experienced enough to tell you more, but I would check the wires/cables in that circuit to ensure they are in good shape.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top