Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct firing order for a GA16DE engine? What is the correct correct positioning of wires on distributor cap, my Haynes manual shows it to be at top right for #1 with rotation going clockwise, 1,2,3,4.

Thanks
LynnT

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
looking at the cap, it should go
4 3
2 1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't mean to double post but this answers covers both posts.......
Well thank you everyone we got her running!!!!! firing order was an issue and then we had to replace the inline fuel filter! All together things that needed fixing were:
the Brain - ECU
coil
distributor cap and rotor
removed fuel pump and found bare wire - fixed that
inline fuel filter

YAHOO car is running and sounds great!

LynnT

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A bare wire on the fuel pump??? mmmm.. That is interesting, because I just replaced the tank, fuel pump, all the hoses. when I pulled my pump out of the tank, the wire was shot also. I think the gas fumes rot the plastic, then the copper wire gets corroded, etc. it breaks off. The new pump I used came with new wiring and harness, so it was replaced.

Glad to hear it was running. Oh, by the way, I hope you used Genuine Nissan Cap and Rotor!!!! the aftermarket units are garbage. they don't use copper contacts and they go fast, arc and plastic cracks. anything that is MADE IN ITALY. Garbage, that includes Bosch caps and rotors. The genuine caps have the # plug that the wire goes to. the cheap caps have only the #1 and the rest, you hope that you remember!

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well she died again! thank goodness at home but it's exactly the same - am thinking it is fuel pump now although it activates when you turn the key on but guess that doesn't necessarily mean that it is pumping properly.

Guess we'll see - maybe the ECU unit will tell us something now.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Lynn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts