Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the wrong forum, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm considering buying a particular 92 300zx but the shifter is sloppy. It's like every gear it feels like it's in neutral. It shifts fine, but just has that problem. What is wrong with it? Is it missing a part? And how expensive is it going to be to fix?

Thanks.

Cam

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, I hate to do this, but I don't know the answer so I'm going to have to point you to twinturbo.net.

If it's just the shifter, you could get a short throw shifter to replace the stock one for about $200. But I don't know what could be causing that feel, it might be something a lot bigger and costlier. I've never driven any Z with a shifter that sloppy.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BORNGEARHEAD,

I believe you are right. My friend had this problem on his RX-7. His dad said he just replaced a bushing. Thanks.

Aspen_2.5RS
Cam

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shifter Bushings

The shifter bushings are probably bad. This is a pretty common problem among most cars. The bushings should cost between $5 and $8 each. You should be able to get these any dealer.
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at Ray Brandt Nissan Aswer Guys

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops, guess I should have posted an update.

I couldn't find any aftermarket bushings so I settled for stockers from the dealership. They were $5.63 with tax for both of them.

Huge difference. I don't see how the previous owner drove the car so long with the shifter like that.

Cam

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can U read?

If you had any idea who morepower2 was you wouldn't have posted such a smart*ss remark. He is the owner of the Project Z featured in Sport Compact Car. One of the, if not the most well built Z's in the country. He was just trying to be helpfull.
Sorry Mike. Had to.
Laterz
Rob

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks peanut gallery, but if you show no common sense you get no respect. I don't care what kind of car you own.

Aspen_2.5RS

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wasn't but I had to say something

so I'll just say this......to the guy who can't possibly be a true 300z owner..... Z owners don't treat people like that.....

If you understand what I'm saying then there may be hope for you, If not then your gonna have a rough time here in this forum, especially making replies like you did.

Not hating ya man just giving some advice, I hope you just had a bad day or somethin... peace Atomzzz

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who me? I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just thought it was
a rude reply to what morepower posted...(The "can u read" portion). Whatever. If it's not directed at me then disregard:)

Laterz

Rob

PS But if it was directed at me. I do own a Z. You can see a pic of it on www.dspracing.cc its the pearl white one on the home page. Peace.

·
Registered
172 Posts
NICE CAR!!!

Your car has the same paint that I have on mine......

Dude just because my post was just after yours does not mean it was intended for you.... in no way intended towards you... I was just elaborating a lil bit to what you had posted....

It was intended for the same post that you had responded to. The guy who gave a smart reply to Mike when he was just trying to help out.

L8ters and Peace....... Atomzzz
PEACE THROUGH CARPET BOMBING
:p

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: NICE CAR!!!

Atomzzz said:
YThe guy who gave a smart reply to Mike when he was just trying to help out.

L8ters and Peace....... Atomzzz
:p
:rolleyes:

Yep, no Z here either :rolleyes:

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Aspen_2.5RS said:
Thanks peanut gallery, but if you show no common sense you get no respect. I don't care what kind of car you own.

Aspen_2.5RS
Well I didnt have time to read every single post to the question. but I knew the probable answer. Next time I'll remember that you don't need my help.

I guess I don't have common sense, sorry.

Mike

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike..Nice dyno numbers on your car..

I beleive it was 574 rwhp after the tweaking. When are you going to try the new turbo setup and are you going to use the stock manifolds or new tubular ones? Either way it is going to be real nice. Can't wait to see what it puts down. Good luck.

Laterz

Rob (Miami)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts