Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,
i have a 91 sentra xe AT. My car has problems when i put it into drive. it starts to bog and shake when i'm holding the brake down. when i try to apply some gas it begins to move very slowly and it sounds like its gonna stall.. i just recently changed the spark plugs but then i put the old ones back thinking that would be the problem but it ain't. and just replaced the MAF sensor which i got from the local junkyard.. which helped a little bit..

also when the car is idling and warmed up.. the fan kicks in right in time but i here misfire from under the car where the cat is..

and i have no check engine light..

someone please help me..
:confused:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
this started when u changed the plugs ?
did you touch the distributor ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes after i changed the spark plugs and no i didn't touch the distributor.

actually it started once my brother started the car to move it without the air filter attached (stillen adapter with K&N filter). and he told me the car was struggle big time.. and i was like duh the filter wasn't on.. but i don't know if that was the real problem.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
chech that the Air Temp senor is still connected.
Is it possible you damaged one or more high tension leads getting them off the plugs ?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
The Distributor / HT leads plugs will not throw a code so these should be the first suspects

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where is the air temp sensor located?

high tension leads are those the spark plug wires?

ok i'll change them we will see what happens..

thanks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts