Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we were getting on the Cross Island Parkway he went on the onramp first and all i saw was a big puff come out of his exhaust and he streched like 5 cars, I was in 3rd and downshifted to 2nd and caught up to him no time and then neck and neck he squirted on me again pulled 3 cars on me so i said funk that hit the scramble boost and banged 4th not only did i pass him in forth i streched 8-10 cars lengths at the top of 4th went into 5th and saw he was really behind me. The just as i glanced at the boost gauge to see what i was boosting and saw my ext. temp guage reading 850c so iwas like ooooooooo shit i'm bout to blow up. So i let off the throttle put on the hazards and let the FMIC work and then 3 or 4 seconds passby the the egt goes to 600c and he zips past me doing at least a 140 cause i was crusing doing 110.
On a final note those damn gsr's got some wonderful top end but i beat him and he knows it.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Geez... that sounds like a race that was over in about 15 seconds. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah about a min from entering the exp. till i let off the throttle

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you wanna know

Well it s a fully built de-t chillin in a 91 se-r
pistons, shotpeened and polished rods, crankshaft.
bored to 87mm, 2.1 liters of displacement, 1.8mm Grex Metal Head Gasket, lowered 8.0:1 compression ratio, Port and polished head, Swirl polished valves, 3 angle valve job, 272 Tomei Ext. CamGreddy Typer R BOV, and Skyline FMIC 2 1/2 dp 3 inch mandrel bent pipes to APex N1 Muff. ACT 6 puck clutch with extreme PP and JUN Ultra lite Flywheel blah blah blah. and a couple of other secret things shhhh...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Re: you wanna know

sr21lbmonster said:
Well it s a fully built de-t chillin in a 91 se-r
pistons, shotpeened and polished rods, crankshaft.
bored to 87mm, 2.1 liters of displacement, 1.8mm Grex Metal Head Gasket, lowered 8.0:1 compression ratio, Port and polished head, Swirl polished valves, 3 angle valve job, 272 Tomei Ext. CamGreddy Typer R BOV, and Skyline FMIC 2 1/2 dp 3 inch mandrel bent pipes to APex N1 Muff. ACT 6 puck clutch with extreme PP and JUN Ultra lite Flywheel blah blah blah. and a couple of other secret things shhhh...
How much boost were you running? Any dyno charts?

A Civic with a 1.8 GSR motor with a 150 shot should be very fast. I would think it would be a close race and possibly beat a built DET personally. You sure it has a 150 shot?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man i'm 99.9% sure it was a big shot of NOS i know the Kid and he is a crazy bastard if is wasnt a 150 shot (dry and wet he was runnin) it was probably more. Thats kids crazy. well i started out at 10lbs but he was leaving me with that, i think i hit like 19lbs after i hit scramble button, i think, not to sure though. But i was pretty surprised on the strectch i got on him so was he but i have this great fear of top speed thats was opne of the reasons why i let off the throttle and he passed me.
No dyno charts sorry i keep those personal. You wouldn't believe me if i told you the numbers that motor is putting out no one does except for the guys at the shop with the dyno....and the close friends that saw the video tape.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o yeah

And i got a little juicy juice myself nothing big during that race.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why keep your dyno charts personal? You think those of us with 400 HP SE-Rs will want to steal your secrets or something? :rolleyes:

I guess I never understood what the big deal was. Why bother keeping anything a secret? What's the point? Go look at what my car has.

My Car

Why should I care if you know what my car has or not? Doesn't make any difference. I guess what really annoys me is when a race somebody and they lie to my face about what their mods are. Why bother? If I'm going to kick their ass anyway, what difference does it make?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I keep it a secret now because the people i tell dont believe a sentra is capable of 400+ whp @ 21 lbs boost. there are too many non-believers, i wish mine was a sleeper but the damn intercooler is too big to hide behind a stock bumper.
Nah I dont think you 400whp se-r guys are going to steal ideas. Secrets allow your oppenant to underestimate you

·
Registered
235 Posts
http://www.se-r.net/car_info/project_cars/searl_tate/index.html

Nothing to hide here. Stock SR20DE (except older cams) 392whp and 367 torque at the wheels. This is with C16 fuel.

So you are able to run 19psi on pump gas along with a small shot of juice? Something doesn't sound right. What turbo and exhaust manifold are you using?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AS for my fuel issues thats my little secret again sorry guys, but i'll tell you one thing i'm not using pump gas. Pump gas doesn't work to well with the standalone i am utilizing ;) .
Another reason i keep secrets is because people tend to be a bit jealous when you got better stuff than them.
I said i think i was doing 19 lbs after i hit the scramble. I got a tiny to4e on a custom manifold and i got some other things going as well.
sorry for being so secretive about my set up but in the post i basically wrote what i got

·
Registered
142 Posts
sr21lbmonster said:
I keep it a secret now because the people i tell dont believe a sentra is capable of 400+ whp @ 21 lbs boost. there are too many non-believers, i wish mine was a sleeper but the damn intercooler is too big to hide behind a stock bumper.
Nah I dont think you 400whp se-r guys are going to steal ideas. Secrets allow your oppenant to underestimate you
To many non believers??? I think people wouldnt come here if they where a non believer of 400+ hp sr20de cars. Plus there has even been a few in scc. I think there is alot of believers my self. Why dont you share some information and help those who are trying to make 400hp. If you have experince and know what parts are good/bad why cant you shed some light??? It would be nice.

CORY

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alot of my blood sweat and tears went in to getting my det pushing out major power and not to mention thousands of dollars in trail and error try outs. In a perfect world the sheding light for other dets owners would be no problem but unfortunatly this is not a perfect world i spent too much money trying to get the car up to where it is and i see no sense in giving away secrets to people i dont know and will never meet. I have absolutley no problem giving out my information to friends, for example i have a friend that is in the process of doing his se-r det swap and i am selling him my old injects, bbt28, sil FMIC, BOV and JWT Ecu for crackhead prices and told him all the problems he will be encountering while doing the conversion. So secrets are kept from people i dont know not the ones i do.....
I would like to know the logic that goes with spend tons of money and time and breaking parts and replacing them only to give vital info away for free to strangers??what benefit would i have giving away secrets to strangers ? wheres the logc in that?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After trail and error dyno runs, hours tuning, i am just suppose to give it away??

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.