Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh I searched, found one minor reference.

A friend gave me a 92 NX2000 intake cam and another said it was an upgrade in my 98 SE-R. Question is: does any one know the lift/duration of the 91-92 intake cam compared to my 98? Just making sure it really will help before I pay the $150 to have it installed. None of the Hondas want anymore so now it's down to whipping those B13s.

Long live Nissan and good-bye to Mitsubishi; I really did want an Evo VIII RS.

·
Nissan SE-R Owner
373 Posts
wow...um go here www.se-r.net, click car info, click engine performance tips, click cam chafts. and dont pay 150 for something u can get for 1/3 that price. people sell these cams all the time on here. they will do a miracle job on a 98 se-r and did a damn good job on my 95 se-r.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
viprdude said:
wow...um go here www.se-r.net, click car info, click engine performance tips, click cam chafts. and dont pay 150 for something u can get for 1/3 that price. people sell these cams all the time on here. they will do a miracle job on a 98 se-r and did a damn good job on my 95 se-r.
he was talking about the install... not the cam itself...

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
El Nismo said:
Oh I searched, found one minor reference.

A friend gave me a 92 NX2000 intake cam and another said it was an upgrade in my 98 SE-R. Question is: does any one know the lift/duration of the 91-92 intake cam compared to my 98? Just making sure it really will help before I pay the $150 to have it installed. None of the Hondas want anymore so now it's down to whipping those B13s.

Long live Nissan and good-bye to Mitsubishi; I really did want an Evo VIII RS.
soo...you're going to beat a b13 by putting b13 parts in your car? i dont think you planned that one out, lol.

but anyway, it should make a huge difference. the lift was reduced twice between 94 and 98, so you can do back the clock on those reductions and go back to b13 glory...but you'll never beat us!

(funny i say that when my car is jacked up with a broken power steering pump adjustment bolt, when belt replacements attack! lol)

·
Nissan SE-R Owner
373 Posts
wes said:
he was talking about the install... not the cam itself...
"does any one know the lift/duration of the 91-92 intake cam compared to my 98?" -El Nismo

that seems to me how the cam is and the info is on that site about the cam. in no way do i see how he wants to know how to install it...and why is a person with a ga16 commenting on a sr20? if you have done a cam swap before than my apologies, if not, meh.

p.s. your car looks nice :)

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
viprdude said:
"does any one know the lift/duration of the 91-92 intake cam compared to my 98?" -El Nismo

that seems to me how the cam is and the info is on that site about the cam. in no way do i see how he wants to know how to install it...and why is a person with a ga16 commenting on a sr20? if you have done a cam swap before than my apologies, if not, meh.

p.s. your car looks nice :)

Go back and read his post and then yours and then read mine. It will make sense... He asked "before I pay $150 to have this installed".

From your comment about where to find them I assumed you thought he was going to pay $150 for it when he was asking about install labor rate becuase he already told us he HAD the cam...

not sure about the rest of your post, but if you want to clarify your person with a GA comment we can work on that next...

·
Nissan SE-R Owner
373 Posts
double teamed only on nissanforums anyway. fine fine, deal over. what we took and understood was 2 different things. either way, i like ur car and site :)

and el-nismo, the install is very easy to do. se-r.net for help or ask wes.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
viprdude said:
double teamed only on nissanforums anyway. fine fine, deal over. what we took and understood was 2 different things. either way, i like ur car and site :)

and el-nismo, the install is very easy to do. se-r.net for help or ask wes.
Man you need to take it easy bro. I asked you to clarify what you meant as you clearly had an issue with what I said when you didn't even read the first post yourself...

No need to re-direct him to me, you offered advice perhaps you should stick around to help...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uh Hi. Yea the cam was gratis(free), and I did some timing/chain tensioner work on my KA powered 240SX before it's swap and it was no fun and took forever. So, I figured $150 for install was OK. I have a friend with a 91 SE-R (180k miles) who says his car is so fast and would kill mine; I figured the cam is a good deal installed for the price. Anyway thanks for the input.

·
Nissan SE-R Owner
373 Posts
classics are a little bit lighter than 98 se-r's and he has a limited slip diff where you do not. i have beaten a classic in my 200sx se-r. i have a 95 thought, they have a lsd and i have put in a 91 sr20 intake cam along with place racing full cold air intake. it will do a lot of good in your car but dont expect to win out right with the cam, a lot of it would have to come down to driver. i also think 98 se-r's weigh a tad more than previous 200sx se-r's. hope u get it in with no problems and if u pay for it, itll be a nice addition to ur car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts