Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie: Searched the forum but couldn't find anything similar to my issue. Truck (105K) runs fine around town but after about an hour at freeway speeds, the idle is high, maybe 1500-2000. If I park it for a couple of hours and then drive, it idles normally. Idle is always smooth, regardless of rpm's. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
91 Pickup fast idle after warm

Please explain the codes issue.

I live in Salem, Oregon.

5sp, no ac, no power steering, base truck. Runs great other than this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No engine check lite

Read the sticky but my truck does not have a "Check Engine" light. I checked the manual in the glove box and it does not show a "Check Engine" light as one of the instrument panel lights. There does appear to be a light next to the little screw adjustment on the electronic module under the seat.

Now what?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, finally got around to this. I have a red and green lite on the ecm. I assume one is the first number and the other is the second number. Following the sticky instructions, I got the lites to each blink 5 times. Chart indicates a 55 is "No Malfunction". So, I will spray a little MASS air cleaner on that sensor and a little linkage cleaner on the linkage and see if I get this high idle again. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could be caused by a vacuum leak, or sticky throttle plate/shaft. Check for broken/cracked/unhooked vacuum hoses, and remove the air cleaner to check the throttle plate operation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll just replace all the vacuum hoses just to be safe. I sprayed carb cleaner on all the linkage and anything else that moves. Well, not the neighbor's cat but anything near the carb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts