Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have a 91 pathfinder V6, auto. The tranny needs to be replaced, I started working on it (removed the starter and got to the torque bolts) took me about 2 hours! I did not relize how big of a job it is! I have swapped engine on a 89 pathfinder and replace clutch on a standard tranny before in the past but oh my..... is it just me getting older??

So I guess my question is, would it be easier or possible i remove the engine with the tranny still connected in 1 shot?

Or Can I get tips?? like the easiest way to remove the tranny?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, After searching this thread, I came across this thread http://www.nissanforums.com/pathfinder/146482-i-think-my-tranny-went-out.html

Thats the same issue I am having, I am guessing that something is up with my transmission, and its not getting any fluid. I am going to go check it out now, but could someone tellme what I should look for? How do i know that my transmission is getting fluid???

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for this long thread, I didnt find any damage on the pan, so i guess my next question is, how do I know if the tranmission is getting the right amount or any fluid? Or how do i know if the fluid pump is bad?
I did do searching onthe net and have not found anything.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does it move at all? And, I must agree, that is THE most difficult a/t-trans case to get out. My friends laugh at me, I tell them to remove the upper trans bolts, torsions and remove the transfer case. That usually shuts 'em up! 88path had a good suggestion of tilting the motor/trans way back (don't crush anything!) after removing rear x-member to access the top bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts