Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone have or know someone who does have a '91 cam for sale? I also need a header, Preferbly used and not too expensive... I am selling my top speed muffler also if anyone is interested....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Andreas Miko has a bunch just lying around I'm told. While I've never talked to him personally, I hear he is a great guy who never ever lets a business deal fall through. His number is 305-282-3643. Probably cost you around $75 or so. I paid $80 for mine, don't pay much more than that!!

Ju§tin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.... I will check it out...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why put a 1991 intake se-r cam on a 1996 se-r? just curious...

·
Registered
413 Posts
You probably coulda did a search on '91 cam or 1991 cam swap and found the answer, but

The quick and short of it is, the '91-'93 cam has larger cam lobes than the '94 and newer cams that increase the HP and torque of the '94 and newer non-rocker SR20DE's by approx. minum gain of 7-8 HP and around 4-5 lbs torque.

SCC did a test where the saw maximum gains of 15 HP, but there were variances in how they achieved that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
so should i look into a 91-94 intake cam, both cams, or what? sounds like a good deal on hp to me..
thanks
bill

·
Registered
413 Posts
seRpwr said:
so should i look into a 91-94 intake cam
[me being a smart ass]Did you read my post? :rolleyes: [no longer a smart ass]

You want a '91-'93 intake! :D

The stock exhaust cam did not change any, so it would not be benficial to replace that one unless you went with some true performance cams. Then you would replace both.

For the money, it is well worth it to buy a good used intake cam and do the swap. Before the cams were becoming available like hot cakes, I purchased a new one through www.nissanparts.cc for almost twice what they are going for used.

·
Registered
37 Posts
:) Thanks Smart Ass... Just Kidding, no anyway thanks for the info and link hopefully ill find one soon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmm yeah don't get the exhaust cam. Just more work for no gain. Intake cam is SOOOOO easy to put in and I haven't put the exhaust cam in, but I have heard its harder to do. You have to take off the distributor and adjust your timing and the like. Intake cam, you don't even take the distributor off, you just pull out, put a new one in, and put the VC back on. Don't be afraid if you hear clatter when you turn the car on, it should do it for about 3 seconds. Just the cam settling.

Ju§tin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts