Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got aproblem with a 91 Nissan Sentra that I recently purdchased. Upon acceleration the engine surges between 2000 and 3000 rpm's and won't rev past 3000 rpm's this happens in neutral or in any gear. This car is 100% stock and is FWD with a manuel transmission and it blinks out a code 12 which in the book I have says it is a mass airflow sensor or circuit which to me is rather vague. Can anybody help me figure this one out? Comeon someone can :) thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on 16 people read this and noone knows nuthin?
I'm not asking for witnesses against Gotti. Just need one person to point me in the right direction. Thanks and may the God of your choosing bless you. :fluffy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
lol ill help you man. your gonna need to replace the MAF sensor its faulty. I know cause its happened to me before. If that is the code then it is the MAF. Just to make sure see if you can borrow one, and test it first! Most likely its is, and if you need one i have one i can sell you. they can be pretty hard to find sometimes. cause a new one will run you about i think 150$ or so. But thats just a figure i threw out there, i dont remember exactly. let me know if this helps you and if your interested in the MAF.

later

Edit: after figuring out i was in the SR20 section i dont have a 2.0 MAF, sorry about that! But do you have the 2.0 SR20DE or the 1.6 GA16DE?

Later

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
87blumr2 said:
lol ill help you man. your gonna need to replace the MAF sensor its faulty. I know cause its happened to me before. If that is the code then it is the MAF. Just to make sure see if you can borrow one, and test it first! Most likely its is, and if you need one i have one i can sell you. they can be pretty hard to find sometimes. cause a new one will run you about i think 150$ or so. But thats just a figure i threw out there, i dont remember exactly. let me know if this helps you and if your interested in the MAF.

later

Edit: after figuring out i was in the SR20 section i dont have a 2.0 MAF, sorry about that! But do you have the 2.0 SR20DE or the 1.6 GA16DE?

Later

Thank you for your response and I will try it. But I'm not sure what size the motor is I'm gonna go check right now and I'll post it a little later. thanks again your help is much appreciated

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts