Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
That should bolt up with no problems. the 95 and up had better gear ratios though. The NX1600 would be a better choice of transmissions if you are looking to get another transmission. just my 2cents

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
b13 trannies have 5th gear pop out and bad second gear synchros:(

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I don't think there are any JDM FWD trannies that we can use.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Well, I'm drawing mostly from what I know about SE-R's and they didn't make a JDM FWD SR20DE powered car. So I'm guessing that they didn't even use the GA16DE other than in the U.S. but I'm not certain about that. You'd have to find out if there ever existed a JDM FWD GA16DE powered car. I doubt there was. If there isn't a JDM GA16DE then I'd be prettty certain there isn't a JDM tranny that will bolt up.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
actually from what i know they did make front wheel drive ga16de trannies, and in some countries they even had lsd hehe
but where i dont know

·
1.6 Turbo Power
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toolapcfan said:
Well, I'm drawing mostly from what I know about SE-R's and they didn't make a JDM FWD SR20DE powered car. So I'm guessing that they didn't even use the GA16DE other than in the U.S. but I'm not certain about that. You'd have to find out if there ever existed a JDM FWD GA16DE powered car. I doubt there was. If there isn't a JDM GA16DE then I'd be prettty certain there isn't a JDM tranny that will bolt up.
what about the overseas Sunny? it came with the GA16DE didnt it?

i dont know what your talking about no JDM FWD SR20, the Primera (USDM G20) is an example.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts